|Sub-Type|| Pickaxe / Drill|
Axe / Chainsaw
|Use Time||24 (Fast)|
|Quality||Tier 4 (Red)|
|Tooltip||Not to be confused with a picksaw|
|Sell Value||4 40|
|Crafted With||18 Hallowed Bars|
|Crafted At|| Mythril Anvil|
- Much like the Hamaxe, the Drax's name is a portmanteau of the tools whose purposes it serves: Drill and Axe. "Dr" as in Drill, "Ax" as in Axe.
- Before 1.2, the drax was called Hamdrax, a combination of hammer, drill and axe.
- The pickaxe variant is called a Pickaxe Axe
- This tool is extremely useful for digging, but can be a hindrance when building as it instantly breaks blocks and furniture.
- Although the Drax is surpassed by the Molten Hamaxe in terms of axe power, it has a much higher speed, allowing it to chop trees much more efficiently than any other wood-cutting tool.
- The Drax can mine every block instantly except for spikes, Mythril Ore, and Adamantite Ore, for which it takes a small delay, and so happens with dirt blocks with grass too.
- The Drax cannot mine Lihzahrd blocks.
- Name changed from "Hamdrax" to "Drax". Can no longer function as a hammer.
- Is no longer crafted with all 3 hardmode Drills and Chainsaws and 3 types of Souls
- Can no longer be reforged with size modifiers.
- Added to the game.