|Attack|| Melee: 25 |
|Spawn Area||High altitudes|
- Harpies can be easily dealt with by using a number of different traps.
- Harpies can't attack straight down, so you can dig a hole about 3 or 4 blocks deep and you will be safe from the projectiles.
- Before unlocking Hardmode, harpies cannot appear over your original Spawn - After killing the Wall of Flesh, this restriction is removed, and both harpies and Wyverns can spawn freely
- Harpies can be very annoying when building near space.
- It is important to exercise caution when in Floating Islands or building a skybridge as Harpies can spawn a lot.
- If you are in a Meteorite biome at sufficient altitude (above 500 feet in a small world), Harpies will spawn instead of and at the same rate as Meteor Heads, just below this and both will spawn.
- If several harpies are in one area, they can occupy the same space and "stack" to create the visual effect of one harpy with several wings.
- Harpies can sometimes glitch spawn on the ground.
- Renamed from Harpey to Harpy.
- Added to the game.