|Attack|| Melee: 25 |
|Spawn Area||High altitudes|
|Giant Harpy Feather||0.5%|
The Harpy is a flying monster that shoots feathers at the player. Harpies only spawns at sky level, about half the distance between ground level and the top of the map, which varies depending on the size of the world. Smaller worlds will spawn Harpies at lower altitudes.
- Harpies can't attack straight down, so you can dig a hole about 3 or 4 blocks deep and you will be safe from the projectiles.
- Before unlocking Hard Mode, Harpies cannot appear over your original Spawn - after killing the Wall of Flesh, this restriction is removed and both Harpies and Wyverns can spawn freely.
- It is important to exercise caution when in Floating Islands or building a Skybridge as Harpies can spawn in great numbers.
- If you are in a Meteorite biome at a sufficient altitude (above 500 feet in a small world), Harpies will spawn instead at the same rate as Meteor Heads. Just below this and both Harpies and Meteor Heads will spawn.
- If several Harpies are in one area, they can occupy the same space and "stack" to create a visual effect of one Harpy with several wings.
- Harpies can sometimes glitch spawn on the ground.
- Harpies may spawn on-screen if you're at the top of the world.
- Renamed from Harpey to Harpy.
- Added to the game.