|Found In||Randomly below the surface throughout the world|
|Drops||Life Crystal (when destroyed with a Pickaxe)|
A Heart Crystal is a red heart-shaped stone that can be found underground, in the Underworld, Underground Jungle. When used in a similar manner to mana crystals, it will permanently increase the players health by 20, to a maximum of 400 health (can be taken to 500 health by obtaining Life Fruit, which are also found in the Underground Jungle). A Heart Crystal is only breakable with a Pickaxe or Drill. When broken, a Heart Crystal will drop one Life Crystal. It can be used to craft Heart Lantern.
- Heart Crystals cannot be obtained by breaking the blocks under them, and the two blocks it is on cannot be broken until the heart is gone.
- The number of Heart Crystals in a world depends on the size of the world: there will be about 200-300 in small worlds, 300-350 in medium worlds, and 400-450 in large worlds.
- In a medium world, there are enough Heart Crystals to give 20 players full HP (400 HP).
- When lava flows over one of these tiles, it will break and drop a Life Crystal.
- Using a Spelunker Potion will cause Heart Crystals to glow.
- These items are most common in the Underworld and Underground Jungle.
- If a Heart Crystal spawns on sand or silt, then mining the sand/silt below it will cause it to float in midair.
- It is possible to find a Heart Crystal standing on one tile.
- Rarely, it may appear to overlap with other objects.
- Sometimes, only half of a heart is visible.
- The guide says that you can break the crystal with a hammer but it can only be broken with a pickaxe or bombs.
- It is possible to spam Heart Crystals, Mana Crystals, potions, and boss summoning items on the Android version of Terraria. To do this, use the item, and right before it disappears, place it in your inventory (not somewhere else in the hotbar). The item won't be consumed and the effects of the item will apply. The item will not disappear when placing back in the hotbar and is reusable.
- No longer found in Dungeons
- Now broken with a pickaxe instead of a hammer. Now has a pulse animation.