A Heart Crystal is a red heart-shaped stone that can be found underground. A Heart Crystal is only breakable with a Pickaxe or Drill. When broken, a Heart Crystal will drop one Life Crystal. Occasionally, the Heart Crystals will spawn in groups of 2 or even 3 close to each other.
- Heart Crystals cannot be obtained by breaking the blocks under them, and the two blocks it is on cannot be broken until the heart is gone.
- The number of Heart Crystals in a world depends on the size of the world: there will be about 20-30 in small worlds, 30-35 in medium worlds, and 40-45 in large worlds.
- When lava flows over one of these tiles, it will break and drop a Life Crystal.
- Using a Spelunker Potion will cause Heart Crystals to glow.
- These items are most common in the Underworld and Underground Jungle.
- Using a Heart Crystal will give you both 20 Max HP increase and the 20 HP itself to fill up the increase.
- If a Heart Crystal spawns on sand or silt, then mining the sand/silt below it will cause it to float in midair.
- It is possible to find a Heart Crystal standing on one tile.
- Rarely, it may appear to overlap with other objects.
- Sometimes, only half of a heart is visible.
- Found in Dungeons
- No longer spawns on thin ice.
- Now broken with a pickaxe instead of a hammer. Now has a pulse animation.
- Added to the game.