Hellstone Bars are made from 1 Obsidian and 3 Hellstone at a Hellforge. They are used to create Hellstone Tier items. Items made from Hellstone Bars are the highest quality craftable pre-hardmode items that require bars.
- You can use an Obsidian Skin Potion and mine Hellstone under Lava without getting damaged.
- To craft the entire set of Hellstone tier items it takes 140 Hellstone Bars, which equals 140 Obsidian and 420 Hellstone.
- When you mine Hellstone, it leaves half a block of Lava behind it. Therefore, it's imperative to divert the lava flow first if you don't have anything that could prevent lava damage. If possible, make a hole in the ruined houses may work.
- A challenging but worth-the-work way to get the obsidian for these items is to drain your ocean down to the Underworld, or obtain the Bottomless Water Bucket from Angler Quests (Hardmode only, 2.5% chance).
- Recipe changed: Now requires only 3 Hellstone, instead of 4.
- Recipe changed: Now requires only 4 Hellstone, previously required 6.
- Added to the game.
|Original Metals||Alternative Metals|
|Hard Mode Metals|
|Other Minerals & Materials|
|Items Requiring Hellstone|
|Tools||Molten Pickaxe · Molten Hamaxe|
|Weapons||Fiery Greatsword · Flamarang · Hellfire Arrow · Imp Staff · Molten Fury · Phoenix Blaster|
|Armor||Molten Helmet · Molten Breastplate · Molten Greaves|
|Potions||Flask of Fire|
|Other||Hellstone Bar · Hellstone Brick|