Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Tooltip||Sometimes dropped by Skeletons and Piranha|
|Dropped By|| Skeletons (4% Chance)|
Undead Miner (4% Chance)
Piranhas (2.5% Chance)
Undead Vikings (4% Chance)
- The drop rate is fairly rare. A good way to find one is to make a long flat piece of land long enough to extend off-screen, and far enough underground for Skeletons to spawn (generally the Rock Layer); this will ensure a continuous wave of Skeletons. Placing a Water Candle and using a Battle Potion will spawn more skeletons, further increasing the chances of getting a hook.
- An easy way for Terraria beginners to obtain a hook is to locate the jungle, set out a long pool that is about 4 blocks deep, and fill it with water. Plenty of piranhas will spawn and can be farmed to obtain hooks. They do have a lower drop rate than that of obtaining them from skeletons but many piranhas will spawn. It is also common to find these kinds of pools naturally generating.
- Another way to get a good amount of hooks is, find a Skeleton Statue, and wire it to a timer. Then, place the statue in 1 pixel thick lava. Put a roof over the statue, and make sure that there is a 2 block high window in this little spawn room (5 blocks high, 4 blocks wide) on both sides for the hook to escape when the Skeleton dies. Sit here and continue collecting the hooks for as long as desired for a considerable amount of hooks.
- Early in the game, players may find it easiest to find a hook by searching the Jungle and/or Underground Jungle for a large body of water. Piranha spawn quickly, making up for the lower drop rate.
- When the Grappling Hook has already been crafted and iron supplies aren't needed, extra hooks can be crafted into additional Grappling Hooks with just 9 Iron Bars (which must be crafted into 3 Iron Chains first), and sold to a vendor, yielding a more impressive amount (40 Silver) than selling the Hook (2 Silver) and Iron Bars (27 Silver) separately.
- New tooltip.
- Added to the game.