|Attack|| 13 (Ranged)|
|Spawn Area||Underground Jungle Biome|
|Ancient Cobalt Helmet||0.33%|
|Ancient Cobalt Breastplate||0.33%|
|Ancient Cobalt Leggings||0.66%|
Hornets are inhabitants of the Underground Jungle biome. They are airborne and normally spawn in groups, to represent the swarming nature of real Hornets. Like Demon Eyes, they move away from you when you hit them and then charge back at you. It is advised that you corner them up against a wall to kill them effectively using a flail or Muramasa. Due to the darkness of the jungle, a Hunter Potion makes it easy to spot them before nailing them with a bow. Hornets come in different sizes.
Hornets fire a projectile that has a 1 in 3 chance to poison the target. These projectiles cannot go through walls, similar to a Harpy's feather. With this in mind it is easy to make a floating rest area to recover health as long as you are out of reach of man eaters. When they shoot stingers it sounds like a dart trap.
- Hornets may still spawn in water rarely.
- Have varying stats as Big and Little Stingers aren't spawned anymore.
- Given the ability to fire projectiles.
- No longer drops the Blade of Grass, Thorn Chakrum or the Ivy Whip.
- Gained a chance to inflict Poisoned.
- Became unable to enter water.
- Doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water.
- No longer drops pieces of the Jungle Armor.
- No longer appear as if they are about to flip over whilst flying.
- Added to the game.