|Body Slot||Accessory Slot|
|Flight Height||Tier 4.5 (172 ft)|
|Quality||Tier 5 (Magenta)|
|Tooltip|| Allows flight and slow fall|
Hold DOWN/JUMP to hover
|Crafted With|| 20 Souls of Flight|
18 Shroomite Bars
|Crafted At|| Mythril Anvil|
- Using hover before a double jump will allow infinite horizontal flight.
- Gliding while reversing gravity sometimes allows walking on the air for an infinite amount of time.
- Releasing S while gliding under a roof with single holes in it allows you to pass vertically through 1 block gaps.
- If you Somehow Manage to wear 2 Hoverboards (likely with an Inventory Editor), you have a chance to get unlimited flight in every direction.
- The stealth mode of full Shroomite Armor will engage while hovering still.
- The Hoverboard is an extremely versatile movement item which can effectively replace a Horseshoe Balloon and Lightning (or Spectre) Boots and a pair of wings since it allows flight, negates fall damage and moves very quickly horizontally. The only possible disadvantage is low vertical acceleration as opposed to jumping, possibly making dodging projectiles vertically more difficult (on the other hand a Hoverboard makes it extremely easy to dodge projectiles horizontally).
- If you glide using the Hoverboard and touch the ground while holding the same buttons, it appears that the player continues to "skate" along the ground. This is due to the hoverboard quickly touching the ground and continuing its flight, making it appear as though you are flying infinitely (useful for crossing skybridges).
- Added to the game.