|Spawn Time|| (Hard Mode)|
|Spawn Area||Snow Biome|
|Immune To|| Poisoned|
|1 50 ?||100%|
|One of the below:||100%|
It can spawn during night or day.
Ice Golems are hostile and thus attack the player. They move slowly, but will fire a laser which can inflict the player with the debuff "Frozen". They are affected very little by knockback, and have a low jump height of only about 3 blocks.
One method of defeating the Ice Golem without taking much damage is to create a trap. First, dig a ditch that is two blocks wide and six blocks high, make a doorway two blocks from the bottom, and four blocks between the door and the player's area. When the Ice Golem arrives, it will fall down the ditch and get trapped. This makes it possible to destroy the Ice Golem without taking damage.
Another way is to place blocks three to four blocks from the surface near a possible Ice Golem spawn area. When spawned, the Ice Golem will get trapped by the blocks, making it safe and easy to deal damage with ranged weapons.
Because of its low jump ability, a player can make a 5 block tall wall, and then break the first 3 blocks, making it impossible for the golem to hit the player, while still allowing players to be able to kill it with any weapon.
- It seems that if a player's spawn point is near enough, if said player is killed the Ice Golem will make its way towards them to continue the battle.
- Since only one Icy Feather is required to craft Frozen Wings in combination with 20 Souls of Flight, Ice Golems can be used to bypass the tedium of searching for souls of light/night, as long as the player is well-equipped enough to take them down.
- It will always drop one of the three items: Frost Helmet, Frost Breastplate or Frost Leggings.
- Farming the Ice Golem is a pretty decent way to get gold, since each of the Frost Armor pieces sell for 3/4/5 gold, although this gets pretty useless by the time you can farm Skeletron Prime/The Destroyer/The Twins.
- There is no limit to the number of times an Ice Golem can spawn in a single blizzard.
- If one of the Ice Golem's lasers kills a player, the death message will be (Player's name) was killed by Ice Beem (a misspelling of Beam, perhaps)
- Added to the game.