The Ice Rod can be a useful way to descend into deep caves if the player does not have a way to prevent fall damage, or to get to floating islands with rocket boots or wings as they can be shot under oneself to provide platforms, resetting the player's flight item's charge. The ice block also emits a blue light and some light particles, to differentiate from normal Ice.
- This weapon's best possible prefix is "Mythical" (Although the Ice Rod itself is not recommended for use as a weapon, due to its low base damage).
- The Ice Rod can also be used to check the underground for ores and caves due to its particle effect.
- Strangely, if an ice block is summoned in an ice biome or near anything cold, it will still melt as normal.
- The Ice projectiles cannot pass through Lava.
- The Ice Rod can be used to place a block in mid-air, allowing infinite flight or making a floating building.
- The projectiles will pass through their own ice blocks and still make blocks on where the cursor is placed. However, if a player uses it when the cursor is on an already placed ice block, they will go through and never become solid.
- When grappling on an ice block has a chance to fling the player when it breaks.
- The sprite of the Ice Rod is similar to that of The Breaker.
- It also appeared as a required item in The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past and Legend of Zelda a Link between Worlds.
- The "ice" that is created by the Ice rod has less transparency and also share a similar texture with Glass.
- Prior to 1.2 it was the most expensive purchasable item in the game.
- If one uses the Ice Rod on a server, they may be kicked for placing impossible to place blocks.
- If a player targets a tree with the Ice Rod, then the tree will break. The Ice Block formed where the tree was will also not dissipate normally.
- On the Mobile version, it is possible to get an Ice Rod from presents at Christmas.
- If the Ice Block forms on a tree, the tree won't break but the ice block will still be there until the player leaves the world. If the player comes back, the ice block would've dissapeared, but there will be a hole in the tree where the ice block was and the top half of the tree would be floating. This could be exploited to create cool floating trees.
- On the console versions, when duplicating, replaces one of the blocks grid squares with ice, if all four four chest grid squares are dissipated then the chest will go invisible and one will not be able to get it back or place a new one in that spot.
- Strangely on console version, if one places an ice block on a Shadow Orb, it will disappear. If one does the same with a Demon Altar in a pre-Hard mode world, it will be destroyed without blessing hard mode ores, or damage the player.
- Added to the game.
|Pre-Hard Mode Offensive|
|Hard Mode Offensive|