|Quality||Tier 3 (Orange)|
|Crafted With|| |
12 Jungle Spores
|Crafted At|| Iron Anvil|
With the 1.1 update, a new hook has been introduced, the Dual Hook. Despite the fact that this tool belongs to a higher tier, some players may still favor the ability to connect to three surfaces at once.Terraria - Ivy Whip Grappling Hook(01:52)
- Each vine will only stick to a surface for 1 minute, then it returns to you. Each vine has its own individual countdown from when it was fired.
- The Ivy Whip does not inflict damage to monsters, but it will destroy vegetation and Pots.
- The Ivy Whip has a length of 26 blocks or 52 feet.
- The Ivy Whip can also be used to squeeze the player through a 1-tile opening by hooking onto two spots far enough with the opening in the middle, but you cannot use it to get back out.
- In the alpha version of Terraria, the Ivy Whip did damage to enemies, along with the Grappling Hook. Now neither of these items inflict damage to enemies.
- Although the Ivy Whip is crafted with only three vines, a fourth will appear if you are connected with the other three.
- You can fire your Ivy Whip, then throw it away and you will still be attached to the wall.
- If you attach one vine to the middle of a closed door and open it, you will be flung forward. This occurs with any other grappling item as well.
- By firing the Ivy Whip at the ground while falling fall damage will be negated, if the vine lands before you.
- If you fire all of the vines, then use a grappling hook, one of the vines will turn in to a normal grapple.
- The Ivy Whip is one of the few/only items without a description. It contains the name Ivy Whip and nothing else.
- If you fire a different grappling item then quickly fire the Ivy Whip in a different direction, the first grapple will look like the grapple you used, but will act like an Ivy Whip.
- It is possible to attach more than 3 hooks of the Ivy Whip by fully using a Web Slinger and then switching to the use of the Ivy Whip. The effect stays until you detach all hooks.
- Example, if you put Ivy Whip and Spooky Hook (or other hooks) in the hotbar, when you grapple using ivy whip by clicking and grappling again using spooky hook by clicking and throwing ivy whip, the grappled ivy whip will remain or will exist
- The Grappling Hook is no longer an ingredient in the crafting recipe of the Ivy Whip.
- You can no-longer fire multiple vines at a time, only one can be fired until you attach to a block.