Each shrine has a chance of containing an Ivy or Gold Chest, which may contain special equipment and items not found in other environments. Shrines usually contain one chest, however on rare occasions they may contain zero or two chests. They also sometimes appear very close to the surface when your jungle mud is above ground during rare occasions. A Jungle Shrine may also appear with no solid block walls, but this is insanely rare, probably due to the shrine spawning atop a Glowing Mushroom field. An Ivy Chest may be replaced on rare occasions with a Heart Crystal. This happens when the crystal must spawn, but has no other nearby place to do so.
Although mostly the shrines are spread out across the underground jungle, shrines may rarely spawn near each other, or even interlock. Although it depends on size, most underground jungles have four to six shrines in them. In extreme cases, three will spawn within ten tiles of each other. Usually when this occurs, another Gold or Ivy Chest will spawn in the vicinity as well.
On rare occasions, Jungle Shrines appear floating above an Underground Jungle, given that the Underground Jungle reaches up to the surface.
- Anklet of the Wind
- Beeswax (console)
- Dragon Mask (console)
- Feral Claws
- Gold Bar
- Gold Coins
- Throwing Knives
- Staff of Regrowth
- Suspicious Looking Eye
- Fiberglass Fishing Pole
- Honey Dispenser
- Flower Boots
- Now has the chance to contain the Flower Boots.
- Now has the chance to contain the Fiberglass Fishing Pole.
- Ivy Chests have a chance to spawn instead of Gold Chests.
- Jungle Shrines are now made of new materials, including Mudstone Blocks, Iridescent Bricks, and Tin Bricks.
- No longer has a chance to spawn Nature's Gift inside shrine chests.
- Shrines are now generated with no background wall.
- Added to the game.