Lava deals 100 Damage to the Character modified by the player's Defense, and 50 Damage to monsters modified by the monster's Defense. Lava was thought to incinerate dropped items that are 100% covered by a Lava tile; however, further experimentation has shown the amount is closer to 25%. The optimal way to create a Trap is to have 1 Bucket of lava for every 6 blocks of the Trap, this way it still damages the player and creatures without destroying any Coins or loot.On fire!" Debuff .
Build a large pit 1 block deep, and another pit below that pit. Pour a Bucket of Lava into the top pit and scoop it back out, then mine a hole to allow the remaining lava into the lower pit. You can then take that lava with the bucket.
This procedure can have varying results; sometimes it will work properly and you may even have lava left over in the lower pit. Other times it can be less successful, only yielding one duplicated Bucket per two normal ones.
- Previously, in Multiplayer, when lava was poured from a Bucket, it turned into water for a brief moment, so when you tried to duplicate it, it might actually have produced some Obsidian, but this had to be done quickly. However, this bug has been fixed.
- When a world is being generated for the first time, it is possible for a lava pool to be generated over a glowing mushroom spot. In this situation, the large mushrooms and mushroom grass will not be damaged in any way until one of the submerged mushrooms is disturbed by the player, at which point the lava will destroy all nearby mushrooms.
- If you set the game to pause when you go into your inventory, Lava will keep producing bubbles and embers while it's paused.
- There is a glitch where if you have an item such as a chest or gravestone placed, water and lava will touch without making obsidian where they are placed.
- Seeing lava is normally a good indication that the player will soon reach the Underworld if they continue to travel deeper.
- Now only Silt Blocks can remove lava by being dropped into it.
- Removed ability to put blocks in lava, although sand still works.
- Items of blue quality or above, can no longer be destroyed by lava.
- Increased the amount of lava required to do damage to 2 pixels.