|Use Time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Quality||Tier 5 (Magenta)|
|Crafted With|| 4 Hallowed Bars|
3 Souls of Light
5 Souls of Might
|Crafted At|| Mythril Anvil|
The Light Disc has extended range when wearing Hallowed Armor, or any other armor that grants a Melee Speed boost. When wearing Hallowed Armor, the weapon can be thrown for around fifty blocks.Terraria 1.1 Featured Item Light Disks(01:07)
- Light Discs are not consumed when thrown.
- Only five can be thrown at a time, even when wielding multiple stacks.
- Unless in an open area it is rare to have more than 4 disc's out at one time. Keep this in mind if you don't want to waste extra materials.
- The weapon cannot have prefixes upon crafting, nor can it be reforged.
- When standing right next to any block and the weapon is thrown to the other side of the block, it will go through the block.
- This could be a good strategy to fight The Destroyer since it deals more than 50 damage per second (with more than 1 Light Disc)
- Light Discs may impart some debuffs to the user when thrown against a nearby block too often on a server running in secure mode, due to extra anti-cheat methods used by that mode.
- In the console version, the player will be able to throw multiple Light Discs at once even if they have only crafted one. It is unknown if this is a bug or an intentional change.
- The Light Disc is most likely a reference to the Tron franchise, in which characters battle with deadly "Identity Discs".
- It may also be a reference to the side-scrolling NES platformer game, Shatterhand, where the weapon seen in this video of Shatterhand at around 8 minutes may resemble the Light Disc. As seen in the video, the sprite are comparable, the discs ricochets and you can shoot multiple discs at the same time.
- Sometimes, when the player is standing by a one tile wide wall and throws the light disk, the light disk passes through the wall. This works with Boomerangs and the Magical Harp (1/2 of the time) as well.
- If thrown correctly, it can often pass through blocks in random places.
- When the Light Disc bounces off of a grass covered dirt block it produces particles as if it was boucing off Crimson covered dirt blocks.
- Added to the game.