|Use Time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Rarity||Tier 5 (Magenta)|
|Crafted With|| 10 Cobalt Bars|
10 Mythril Bars
5 Souls of Light
5 Souls of Might
|Crafted At||Mythril Anvil|
The Light Disc has extended range when wearing Hallowed Armor, or any other armor that grants a Melee Speed boost. When wearing Hallowed Armor, the weapon can be thrown for around fifty blocks.Terraria 1.1 Featured Item Light Disks(01:07)
- Light Discs are not consumed when thrown.
- Only five can be thrown at a time, even when wielding multiple stacks.
- The weapon cannot have prefixes upon crafting, nor can it be reforged.
- When standing right next to any block and the weapon is thrown to the other side of the block, it will go through the block.
- This could be a good strategy to fight The Destroyer since it deals more than 50 damage per second (with more than 1 Light Disc)
- It seems like the Light Discs inflict some debuffs to the player when thrown against a nearby block too often. This is caused by a modded server thinking the player hacks the item to use it faster.
- In the console version, the player will be able to throw multiple Light Discs at once even if they have only crafted one. It is unknown if this is a bug or an intentional change.
- The Light Disc is most likely a reference to the Tron franchise, in which characters battle with deadly light discs.
- It may also be a reference to the side-scrolling NES platformer game, Shatterhand, where the weapon seen in this video of Shatterhand at around 8 minutes may resemble the Light Disc. As seen in the video, the sprite are comparable, the discs ricochets and you can shoot multiple discs at the same time.
- Sometimes, when the player is standing by a one tile wide wall and throws the light disk, the light disk passes through the wall. This works with Boomerangs and the Magical Harp (1/2 of the time) as well.
- Added to the game.
|Items Requiring Cobalt|
|Armor||Cobalt Hat · Cobalt Helmet · Cobalt Mask · Cobalt Breastplate · Cobalt Leggings|
|Tools||Cobalt Drill · Cobalt Chainsaw|
|Weapons||Light Disc · Cobalt Repeater · Cobalt Sword · Cobalt Naginata|
|Items Requiring Mythril|
|Tools||Mythril Drill · Mythril Chainsaw|
|Armor||Mythril Hat · Mythril Helmet · Mythril Hood · Mythril Chainmail · Mythril Greaves|
|Weapons||Light Disc · Mythril Repeater · Mythril Sword · Mythril Halberd|
|Other||Mythril Bar · Mythril Anvil|