The Lightning Aura Rod is an aura-style summoning weapon. When used, it spawns a Lightning Aura in circular shape that consistently damages enemies that enter it. It can only be obtained by purchasing it from the Tavernkeep for 5 at any time.
- Due to the aura being a circular shape, it is recommended to place the trap on a platform in mid-air so as to maximize range.
- A Lightning Aura Rod can be placed next to other Tavernkeep sentries, but it is not possible to place another Tavernkeep sentry inside an existing lightning aura. Therefore, it is best to cluster various sentries together and place the Lightning Aura last.
- The Lightning Aura's maximum radius is 9 tiles, with the top 'orb' being in the 10th tile up from the base. If summoned in an area less than 10 tiles (blocked by either platforms or blocks), the Lightning Aura shrinks, down to a minimum radius of 3 tiles, with the orb inhabiting the 4th tile above.
- The Lightning Aura requires a line of sight from the orb to any enemy inside its attack radius in order to damage them. Summoning a Lightning Aura in an area less than 10 tiles tall places the orb inside a block, rendering most of its attack range moot; though it will still damage enemies inside of its aura. While platforms decrease the range of a Lightning Aura, they will not block line of sight, allowing the aura to function normally.
- Dungeon Guardians, and any other enemy that can possibly have over 999 defense, are excluded from the Lightning Aura's defense breaching ability, and will cause the Aura's damage to be reduced like any other weapon.
- The aura will occasionally destroy projectiles fired by Caster AI enemies.