After sustaining sufficient damage, Lihzahrds will get down on four legs, granting them highly increased movement speed, melee damage, defense and resistance to knockback from melee sources.
Like every other non-boss creature in the game, every 50th Lihzahrd kill will give the player a Lihzahrd Banner.
- Due to their appearance, technology, and subterranean nature, Lihzahrds are most likely a reference to a race of humanoid reptilians called Silurians from the popular television series Doctor Who.
- They can also be references to the Lizalfos, enemies in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
- The Witch Doctor NPC is a Lihzahrd, notably the only friendly one in the game.
- A Lihzahrd will fall through the floor when it changes to its four-legged form while leaning, or running, into a wall. It will continue its falling until it hits an open space that is 3x2 or larger.
- Now drops Solar Tablet Fragments
- Added to the game.