The Living Wood is a naturally spawning tree, composed of wood and leaf blocks which are completely solid. There are several differences to their smaller counterparts, one being the wood of this tree looks quite different from that of those smaller, and unlike common trees, the living wood blocks can only be removed with the pickaxe.
- It is the only tree of its kind in the game so far.
- It is often used for treehouses.
- Unlike regular trees, if all blocks are removed from the bottom of the tree, it will remain standing. It however shares the same simple style and look of regular trees.
- The wood in this tree looks different to that of a normal tree , but can be placed with a Living Wood Wand
- When you break the wood, it drops as that from your common tree.
- The room in the shaft can be used as an early house, all it needs is a Light Source to make an NPC move into it.
- Its top section is a good basic defense against ground monsters (Zombie, Slimes, etc.) if you are still starting on the game or wanted to avoid any contact with said monsters.
- The tree can stop The Corruption and The Hallow, making a great natural way to stop them both from spreading
- The fact that it is a massive tree that can stop the spread of corruption/hallow could mean that it is Terraria's version of Yggdrasil .
- Added to the game.