|Use Time||89 (Snail)|
|Quality||Tier 1 (Blue)|
|Tooltip||Gaze in the mirror to return home|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
While in the hotbar, the Magic Mirror can be used accidentally while exploring or fighting. This can be avoided by keeping the item out of the hotbar.
- To many players, this item is considered one of the most important items in the game, as it allows the player to get out of tough spots very quickly.
- When using the Magic Mirror the character will hold it up to the sky, just like when using a Life Crystal, Mana Crystal, or Fallen Star.
- Using a Magic Mirror while the "Horrified" debuff (which only happens naturally while fighting the Wall of Flesh) causes the player to explode, giving the unique death message "[player's name] tried to escape".
- Simply exiting the world and reloading it can be used as a substitute for the Magic Mirror, though this has the downside of taking longer and causing all items which were on the ground to de-spawn.
- Since teleporting with the Magic Mirrortakes some time, you can still die while doing it.
- The particle effect of the Magic Mirror is similar to the Magic Missile's impact particle effect, where it lights up surfaces or enemies while the particles emit.
- The item being a magic mirror may be a reference to the teleporting mirror in "Zelda: A Link to the Past" or "Luigi's Mansion".
Bugs and Glitches
- If the mirror is used, but the player switches to another item before the particle effects dissipate, the item will spin around then disappear.
- Mana cost removed.
- Magic Mirror now requires the use of 20 mana.
|Pre-Hard Mode Offensive|
|Pre-Hard Mode Utility|
|Hard Mode Offensive|
|Hard Mode Utility|