Mana is the player's magical energy in Terraria. It is used to operate magical accessories and weapons.Terraria How to get Mana(01:55)
Players can regenerate mana in a few ways: letting it naturally fill, consuming certain foods, drinking Mana Potions, or picking up mana drops, from enemies. Using Fallen Stars, wearing a Band of Starpower (which increases your maximum mana by 20 as of 1.0.6), and by equipping a piece of Meteorite or Jungle Armor or certain classes of the Hard Mode armors, or using a Crystal Ball, will all increase your mana pool. Natural mana regeneration won't begin until about 1 second after use, however items that regenerate mana will do so even while you use mana.
Fallen Stars can also be used as ammo for the Star Cannon.
Each Blue Star represents 20 mana. Players can have up to 200 "base" mana, but there is equipment that can increase this pool's size:
- Band of Starpower : +20
- Jungle Armor: +60 total (+20 per piece)
- Cobalt Hat: +40
- Mythril Hood: +60
- Adamantite Headgear: +80
- Hallowed Headgear: +100
- Any accessory with the Arcane attribute: +20 per accessory
- Obtaining the Clairvoyance buff from a Crystal Ball: +20
- Spectral Slubligar (Console only): +30
- Spectra Headgar (Console only): +120
Whatever the method used, a player's boosted maximum mana can't go past 400.
Also in simple terms; if you are moving when recharging mana, it will recharge slowly. If you are completely motionless (This includes not using items), the recharge rate will be greatly increased.
Mana's main use is to cast Spells. When you kill an enemy with a spell, there is a small chance that they will drop a Mana Crystal. There are currently 20 spells available (Though not all are offensive):
- Aqua Scepter
- Crystal Storm
- Cursed Flames
- Demon Scythe
- Dirt Rod
- Fairy Bell
- Flower of Fire
- Ice Rod
- Laser Rifle
- Magic Dagger
- Magic Mirror
- Magic Missile
- Magical Harp
- Orb of Light
- Rainbow Rod
- Space Gun
- Water Bolt
- With the new update, (1.0.6) the mana regain items will no longer regenerate mana. Instead, it expands the mana pool itself. So far, only the Jungle Armor and Band of Starpower will expand your mana pool by twenty points per piece. The natural regeneration rate will also be affected by how much you have remaining and will refill slower when near empty than when near full. Also, if you stand still your mana will regenerate much faster than when you are moving.
- The maximum mana cap was changed from 240 to 200.
- When mana completely regenerates, the player's Character will get a momentary blue sparkle around him/her and will hear a sound.