|Function||Sells wiring related items|
The Mechanic is an NPC that sells items such as wrenches, wire cutters, levers, etc. One can find a bound mechanic in the Dungeon after defeating Skeletron. Right clicking on the mechanic will unbind her, and after that point it will be possible for the new NPC to move into a house. This works the same for the Wizard, the Goblin Tinkerer and the Angler.
Throws her wrench that acts as a boomerang when an enemy is nearby. It appears that her wrench can pass through enemies, thus useful against groups.
|Red Pressure Plate||50||None|
|Green Pressure Plate||50||None|
|Gray Pressure Plate||50||None|
|Brown Pressure Plate||50||None|
|Mechanic's Rod||20||Crescent Moon, Hardmode|
|1 Second Timer||5||None|
|3 Second Timer||5||None|
|5 Second Timer||5||None|
During Blood Moon
- It would appear that the Mechanic and the Goblin Tinkerer are fond of each other, the first characters to show affection in Terraria (excluding the Arms Dealer and Nurse as they generally flirt with all of the opposite sex NPCs).
- The Mechanic is one of four NPCs who don't give the "(NPC name) the (NPC type) has arrived" message. The other three are the Wizard, Guide, and Goblin Tinkerer, as the Guide spawns in a new world, but respawns with the message. Although the Mechanic, the Wizard, and the Goblin Tinkerer have to be unbound, they respawn with the message, like the guide.
- The name Ginger might come from the NPC hair color which is orange or "ginger"
- It looks like she's holding a Wrench on her back.
- The Clothier hints he imprisoned the Mechanic while he was under the Curse.
- Now sells Actuator and different colored Wrenches.
- Can now be unbound while playing with autopause on. (bug fix)
- Added to the game.