|Quality||Tier 3 (Orange)|
|Tooltip||Summons Skeletron Prime|
|Dropped By||All monsters if you are in hardmode and haven't deafeated the Skeletron Prime yet.|
|Sell Value||No Value|
|Material In||Suspicious Looking Skull(Console Only)|
|Crafted With|| 5 Iron Bars/5 Lead Bars|
3 Souls of Light
3 Souls of Night
|Crafted At|| Mythril Anvil|
- The Mechanical Skull's texture is based on a Skeleton's head.
- The Mechanical Skull's sprite looks very similar to the Skull Lantern, just without the candle.
- The Mechanical Skull seems to have a wind-up winch, like a jack-in-the-box or a music box.
- Skeletron Prime is sometimes known to not appear after having summoned it; this bug seems to be much more common in multiplayer than single player.
- If you attempt to use the Mechanical Skull (or the other mechanical summoning items) at dusk, the item will not be used (which is supposed to happen) but when that night begins the respective boss will spawn naturally. This is a way to summon the hard mode bosses without using the item.
- It can't be dropped from meteor heads
- Added to the game.
|Items Requiring Copper|
|Tools||Copper Pickaxe · Copper Axe · Copper Hammer|
|Armor||Copper Helmet · Copper Chainmail · Copper Greaves|
|Weapons||Copper Shortsword · Copper Broadsword · Copper Bow|
|Accessories||Depth Meter · Copper Watch|
|Other||Copper Bar · Mechanical Eye · Mechanical Worm · Mechanical Skull|
|Items Requiring Iron|
|Tools||Grappling Hook · Iron Axe · Iron Hammer · Iron Pickaxe|
|Armor||Iron Helmet · Iron Chainmail · Iron Greaves|
|Furniture||Bathtub · Chest · Cooking Pot · Lamp Post · Toilet · Barrel · Trash Can · Iron Door|
|Weapons||Iron Bow · Iron Broadsword · Iron Shortsword · Flamethrower|
|Crafting Stations||Iron Anvil · Sawmill|
|Other||Iron Bar · Iron Chain · Empty Bucket · Inlet Pump Outlet Pump · Mechanical Eye · Mechanical Skull · Mechanical Worm|