|Dropped By||All mobs in hardmode world(excluding statue-spawned mobs and Meteor Heads), so long as the Destroyer hasn't been defeated on that world.|
|Sell Value||No Value|
The Mechanical Worm is a consumable item that summons The Destroyer. It can only be obtained by a first-time player once Hard Mode has been activated. If it is not a first-time player, it can be used to summon The Destroyer anywhere in both pre-Hard Mode and Hard Mode worlds, but must be used at night. It is usually recommended to wait until the very beginning of night to use the Mechanical Worm, as it may take quite a length of time to defeat The Destroyer.
As of 1.2, this item has a small chance of dropping from any enemy entity in Hard Mode worlds.
- It can take several Mechanical Worms to summon The Destroyer.
- If an attempt is made to use the Mechanical Worm (or the other mechanical summoning items) at dusk, the item will not be used (which is supposed to happen) but when that night begins the respective boss will spawn naturally. This is a way to summon the hard mode bosses without using the item.
- Can be crafted using Vertebrae instead of Rotten Chunks.
- Can be obtained by killing Hardmode enemies.
- Can be crafted using Lead Bars instead of Iron Bars.
- No longer requires Copper Bars.
- Added to the game.