The Merchant is an NPC who appears when all players on a world have a combined total of at least 50 Silver Coins and there is a Home for him to live in. Once the requirements are met, the Merchant will move into a vacant home in the player's world and begin to buy and sell items.Terraria - How to get the Merchant(01:22)
|Lesser Healing Potion||3||None|
|Safe||20||Skeletron must be defeated|
|Lesser Mana Potion||1||Must have 200 base mana|
|Flare||7||Flare Gun obtained|
Flare Gun obtained
|Throwing Knife||50||Blood Moon only|
|Disco Ball||1||Wall of Flesh must be defeated|
|Gold Dust||17||Wall of Flesh must be defeated|
|Marshmallow||1||Must be in Snow Biome|
|When prompted, the Merchant will say one of the following phrases, depending on the current time:
Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it in alphabetical (ABC) order.
- Considering how easily one can obtain 50 within the first few nights of a new game, the Merchant is considered the easiest NPC to obtain (besides the Guide).
- There is a typo in the quote: "I hope a scrawny kid like you isn't all that is standing between us and Cthulu's eye." Cthulhu has an extra H.
- It is possible to have both your Merchant and Clothier named Alfred, but this is very uncommon.
- Before v1.1, it was possible to get up to three Merchants in your world at a time. The second Merchant required at least 3 players with 50 , while the third required at least 5 players with 5 .
- The Merchant seems to be very interested in the Eye of Cthulhu.
- Is now designated a randomly generated name when spawned.
- No longer possible to have multiple merchants in one world.
|Dryad||Dye Trader||Goblin Tinkerer||Guide|
|Painter||Party Girl||Pirate||Santa Claus|