Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Merchant is an NPC who appears when all players on a world have a combined total of at least 50 and there is a Home for him to live in. Once the requirements are met, the Merchant will move into a vacant home in the player's world and begin to buy and sell items. When enemies are near, he will throw Throwing Knives at them.
|Lesser Healing Potion||3||None|
|Skeletron must be defeated|
|Lesser Mana Potion||1||None|
|Flare||7||Flare Gun obtained|
|Blue Flare||7||Flare Gun obtained|
|Throwing Knife||50||Blood Moon only|
|Disco Ball||1||Wall of Flesh must be defeated|
|Gold Dust||17||Wall of Flesh must be defeated|
|Marshmallow||1||Must be in Snow Biome|
|Bug Net||25 |
|Wiesnbräu||9 95||Sold only during Oktoberfest.|
|Turkey Feather||10||Sold only during the Thanksgiving season|
|Heart Arrow||50||During Valentines.|
|Tax Collector's Hat||3||During Halloween|
|Tax Collector's Suit||3||During Halloween|
|Tax Collector's Pants||3||During Halloween|
|Nail||1||When the player possesses a Nail Gun|
|When prompted, the Merchant will say one of the following phrases, depending on the current time:
During the morning:
During the day and the morning:
During the evening:
|Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it in alphabetical (ABC) order.
- Considering how easily one can obtain 50 within the first few nights of a new game, the Merchant is considered the easiest NPC to obtain (besides the Guide).
- Sometimes on the iOS version you will get a second Safe on purchase.
- It is possible to have both your Merchant and Clothier named Alfred, but this is very uncommon.
- Before v1.1, it was possible to get up to three Merchants in your world at a time. The second Merchant required at least 3 players with 50 while the third required at least 5 players with 5 .
- The Merchant seems to be very interested in the Eye of Cthulhu.
- Even though he states that he sells dirt, he does not buy nor sell dirt.
- The Merchant sells Iron Anvils even in a world with Lead, thus allowing 1 of 2 ways of getting Iron anvils in a lead world. The other being an Extractinator.
- The Sickle is now sold all year-round.
- Now sells Nails when the player has a Nail Gun in their inventory.
- Sells Tax Collector Outfit during Halloween.
- Fixed a typo in one of the Merchant's first names.
- Now sells the Bug Net.
- Lesser Mana Potions are now always for sale.
- Fixed a bug where the Merchant would not spawn if the player had over 21,000 .
- Now sells the Sickle on Halloween.
- Merchant duplication glitch fixed.
- Now sells Rope, Marshmallows and Flares.
- Is now designated a randomly generated name when spawned.
- Added to the game.