|Body Slot||Helmet/Shirt/Pants Slots (Full Set)|
|Set Bonus||17% extra melee damage|
|Quality||Tier 3 (Orange)|
|Sell Value||2 10|
|Crafted With||45 Hellstone Bars|
|Crafted At|| Iron Anvil|
Molten Armor is the next tier of armor after Necro Armor, Jungle Armor, and Shadow Armor. It is crafted with Hellstone Bars. The set has the same particle effect as Meteor Armor, where flames are created as the player moves. As of version 1.0.6, the flames no longer provide light.
|Defense||Bars required||Hellstone required||Obsidian required|
|Set Bonus||+17% extra melee damage||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Whether this is the best armor before Hardmode is activated is debatable; Jungle Armor is better for mana usage, Necro Armor is better for players using ranged weapons, but Molten Armor is better for players who want to take lots of hits, due to its higher defense rating and melee boost.
- Now only requires 45 Hellstone Bars instead of 90.
- Hellstone Bar requirement reduced by 5 for each piece.
- No longer requires Gold Armor to be crafted.
- Set bonus light effect while moving removed.
- Set bonus damage increased from 15% to 17%.
- Defense increased by 1 for each item.
- Now requires Gold Armor to be crafted.
- Set bonus changed from 5 defense to +15% damage, added light effect while moving.
- Set bonus reduced from 10 to 5 defense.
- Defense reduced by 2 for each item.
- Sprite changed.
|Items Requiring Hellstone|
|Tools||Molten Pickaxe · Molten Hamaxe|
|Weapons||Fiery Greatsword · Flamarang · Phoenix Blaster · Molten Fury|
|Armor||Molten Helmet · Molten Breastplate · Molten Greaves|
|Other||Hellstone Bar · Hellfire Arrow|