|Use Time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)|
|Quality||Tier 2 (Mint)|
|Found In||Dungeon Chests|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
|Material In||Night's Edge|
- The Muramasa was the fastest sword in the game, but since the 1.2 update, the Terra Blade ,True Excalibur and the Cutlass are faster than the Muramasa, making it the 3rd fastest sword in the game.
- In Pre-hardmode, it is one of the best swords next to the Blade of Grass and Night's Edge.
- Due to its high speed, it can be a useful weapon even in Hardmode, but once available, you should use the Breaker Blade or Cobalt Sword instead.
- The amount of light the Muramasa gives off is not to be underestimated — it is even more than that of a Phaseblade.
- In mobile version some people will not find the muramasa in dungeons no matter how many worlds they create, meaning it makes the Night's Edge uncraftable.(FIXED. It's now common as other dungeon items)
- Muramasa is a reference to the legendary Japanese sword smith, who made blades that were said to be cursed, inspiring bloodlust within those who wield them.
- Blue Moon has the same blue particle effect.
- With Violent Accessories (including Feral Claws) and Hallowed Armor equipped (with mask), its speed is incredibly fast.
- Reduced damage from 22 to 18.
- Reduced knockback from 3 to 1.
- Became an ingredient in Night's Edge.