|Use Time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)|
|Quality||Tier 2 (Mint)|
|Found In||Dungeon Chests|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
|Material In||Night's Edge|
- The Muramasa was the fastest sword in the game, but since the 1.2 update, there are new swords introduced that are faster than the Muramasa, making it the 4th fastest sword in the game.
- In Pre-hardmode, it is one of the best swords next to the Blade of Grass and Night's Edge.
- Due to its high speed, it can be a useful weapon even in Hardmode, but it is advised to use hardmode swords such as the Breaker Blade or Cobalt Sword instead once they are available.
- The Muramasa is the fastest and only sword that can swing continously before entering Hardmode (excluding the Bladed Glove).
- The Muramasa is highly effective against enemies in the Dungeon because of the large number of enemies in the dungeon it can easily kill because of its fast speed.
- Blue Moon has the same blue particle effect.
- With Violent Accessories (Feral Claws, Power Glove, Mechanical Glove, Fire Gauntlet and Celestial Stone) and Hallowed Armor equipped (with mask), its speed is incredibly fast.
- Movement is unneccesary against the Eater of Worlds by swinging this sword and having an accessory that nullifies knockback (such as the Cobalt Shield).
- Muramasa is a reference to the legendary Japanese sword smith, who made blades that were said to be cursed, inspiring bloodlust within those who wield them.
- It may be a reference the game "Maramusa Demon Blade" in which almost all the characters fight using blades that are similar to this.
- Reduced damage from 22 to 18.
- Reduced knockback from 3 to 1.
- Became an ingredient in Night's Edge.