The Music Box is an item that can be used to record and play in-game music. To record music, equip the item and the music box will record whatever music is playing. To play music, equip the music box or place it and right click on it.
- Having two or more music boxes placed in a world may cause their sprites to become glitched, but they will still play music.
- Once placed, they can be hooked up to Wires and timers.
- The music box will record music even if the player is stationary.
- Once the song has successfully recorded, the box will change its appearance and become tier 4 in quality.
- To record music, a Music Box must be equipped as an accessory. It cannot record in the social slots. If autopause is on, the inventory must be closed because music can't be recorded while the game is paused.
- If the game's volume is turned down to 0%, music played by Music Boxes can still be heard, though the music will play at a low volume.
- Music played by Music Boxes can be used to "copy" music to another box. This includes copying music from one equipped Music Box to another, which can even result in a player having two of the same accessory equipped.
- Music boxes cannot record music if the game volume is muted.
|Music Box (Alt Overworld Day)||Forest|
|Music Box (Alt Underground)||The Underground|
|Music Box (Boss 1)||King Slime, Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, Skeletron Prime, Duke Fishron|
|Music Box (Boss 2)||Wall of Flesh, The Twins|
|Music Box (Boss 3)||The Destroyer, Frost Legion, Brain of Cthulhu|
|Music Box (Boss 4)||Golem, Lunatic Cultist|
|Music Box (Boss 5)||Queen Bee|
|Music Box (Corruption)||The Corruption|
|Music Box (Crimson)||The Crimson|
|Music Box (Desert)||Desert|
|Music Box (Dungeon)||Dungeon|
|Music Box (Eclipse)||Solar Eclipse|
|Music Box (Eerie)||Blood Moon, Meteorite|
|Music Box (Frost Moon)||Frost Moon|
|Music Box (Goblin Invasion)||Goblin Army|
|Music Box (Hell)||The Underworld|
|Music Box (Ice)||Underground Snow Biome|
|Music Box (Jungle)||Surface Jungle, Underground Jungle|
|Music Box (Lunar Boss)||Moon Lord|
|Music Box (Martian Madness)||Martian Madness|
|Music Box (Mushrooms)||Glowing Mushroom Biome|
|Music Box (Night)||Night|
|Music Box (Ocean)||Ocean|
|Music Box (Overworld Day)||Forest|
|Music Box (Pirate Invasion)||Pirate Invasion|
|Music Box (Plantera)||Plantera|
|Music Box (Pumpkin Moon)||Pumpkin Moon|
|Music Box (Rain)||Rain|
|Music Box (Sandstorm)||Sandstorm (Desert surface)|
|Music Box (Snow)||Surface Snow Biome|
|Music Box (Space)||Outer Space|
|Music Box (Temple)||Lihzahrd Temple|
|Music Box (The Hallow)||Surface Hallow Biome|
|Music Box (The Towers)||Celestial Pillars|
|Music Box (Title)||Crafted (See chart below)|
|Music Box (Tutorial)||Crafted (See chart below)|
|Music Box (Underground)||The Underground|
|Music Box (Underground Corruption)||Underground Corruption|
|Music Box (Underground Crimson)||Underground Crimson|
|Music Box (Underground Hallow)||Underground Hallow|
Crafted Music Boxes
|Name||Boxes Required||Crafting Station|
|Music Box (Title)||Music Box (Boss 1), Music Box (Boss 2), Music Box (Boss 3), Music Box (Corruption), Music Box (Eerie), Music Box (Jungle), Music Box (Night), Music Box (Overworld Day), Music Box (The Hallow), Music Box (Underground), Music Box (Underground Corruption), Music Box (Underground Hallow)||Tinkerer's Workshop|
|Music Box (Tutorial)||Music Box (Boss 4),Music Box (Desert), Music Box (Ocean), Music Box (Snow), Music Box (Space)||Tinkerer's Workshop|
- There is a glitch that causes music boxes to float in the air if the blocks it is standing on are removed.
- After recording the Ocean theme, placing the Music Box, then destroying it, it will spawn a fully functioning Drax, but will destroy the Music Box.
- There is a bug which causes the note on the music box to be only partially lit, specifically the stem of the note. It is unknown what causes this to happen. This bug also causes the music box to be click repeatedly if the right mouse button is held down, with the cursor silently hanging over it.
- Equipping a music box will instantly record the music currently being played.
- The music that plays during the Pumpkin Moon cannot be recorded.
- A placed Ocean Music Box will spawn a Cactus Sword when broken. It has also been reported to spawn a Drax (see above).
- Sometimes when you buy it, it would not show up. (3DS Version)
- Changes textures as shown in gallery.
- Added several new themes to be recorded.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Music Box to be duplicated when placed on Wood Platforms. (However, duplicates can still be created by placing on flat surface items such as the Wooden Table.)
- Added to the game.