|Body Slot||Accessory Slot|
(If song recorded.)
|Rarity||Tier 0 (White)|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
Music Box Terraria HERO(02:50)
- Overworld Day Theme (Record anytime during Day)
- Nighttime Theme (Record anytime during Night)
- Underground Theme (Record when Underground)
- Corruption Theme (Record when in the Corruption)
- Hallow Theme (Record when in the Hallow)
- Boss 1 (Record during pre-Wall of Flesh boss fights, the Skeletron Prime fight or during Goblin Invasion)
- Boss 2 (Record during the Wall of Flesh fight or from The Twins)
- Boss 3 (Record during the Destroyer fight, or from the Frost Legion)
- Underground Corruption Theme (Record when in Underground Corruption)
- Eerie Theme (Record when in the Underworld, the Dungeon, in a Meteor biome or during Blood Moon)
- Jungle Theme (Record while in the Jungle or Underground Jungle)
- Underground Hallow Theme (Record when in Underground Hallow)
- Title Theme (Crafted from all Music Boxes)
- Space Theme (Record when in Outer Space)
- Snow Theme (Record when in Snow Biome)
- Desert Theme (Record when in Desert)
- Ocean Theme (Record when in or near an Ocean)
- Boss 4 (Record during Ocram fight)
- Tutorial Theme (Crafted from all console-exclusive Music Boxes)
- To record music, you have to equip the Music Box as an accessory. If autopause is on, the inventory must be closed because music can't be recorded while the game is paused.
- The Music Box (Title) currently holds the record for the most complex craftable item, requiring 12 materials.
- If you get the Music Box (Title), and all the music boxes, put them next to each other, you have the full soundtrack of Terraria!
- If you have the game volume turned down to 0%, music played by Music Boxes can still be heard, though the music will play at a low volume.
- Music played by Music Boxes can be used to "copy" music to another box. This is useful if you wish to obtain more tracks, as you won't have to go to the area with the desired music (or fight bosses.)
- Music boxes cannot record music if the game volume is muted.
- Attempting to place a Music Box on a flat surface such as a Wooden Table or Workbench will cause it to duplicate itself many times if there is a wall behind it. This bug can be exploited to obtain vast sums of money by selling duplicating Music Boxes. Known to work in Single Player mode, doesn't work in Multiplayer or in the console version.
- There's a glitch that causes music boxes to float in the air if the blocks its standing on are removed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Music Box to be duplicated when placed on Wood Platforms. (However, duplicates can still be created by placing on flat surface items such as the Wooden Table.)
- Added to the game.