|Body Slot||Accessory Slot|
(if song recorded.)
|This item cannot be crafted.|
As of 1.2.3, each music box has its own sprite.Music Box Terraria HERO(02:50)
- Overworld Day theme (Record anytime while on the surface in the Purity during Day when Alt Overworld theme is not playing)
- Eerie theme (Record while on the surface during a Blood Moon, or anytime while in the Underworld or in a Meteor biome)
- Night theme (Record anytime while on the surface during Night, except in The Corruption, The Crimson, the Surface Jungle, the Desert or a surface Glowing Mushroom Biome)
- Underground theme (Record while in The Underground, when Alt Underground theme is not playing)
- Boss 1 theme (Record during the Goblin Army invasion, or during the Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Skeletron or Skeletron Prime fights)
- Boss 2 theme (Record during the Wall of Flesh or The Twins fights)
- Boss 3 theme (Record during the Frost Legion invasion, or during the Destroyer or Brain of Cthulhu fights)
- Jungle theme (Record anytime while in the Surface Jungle or Underground Jungle)
- Corruption theme (Record anytime while in the Corruption)
- Underground Corruption theme (Record anytime while in the Underground Corruption)
- Hallow theme (Record during the day while in the Hallow)
- Underground Hallow theme (Record while in the Underground Hallow)
- Title theme (Crafted from the music boxes above)
- Alt Overworld Day theme (Record anytime while on the surface in the Purity during the Day when Overworld Day theme is not playing)
- Snow theme (Record during the day while in the Snow Biome)
- Crimson theme (Record anytime while in The Crimson)
- Dungeon theme (Record anytime while in the Dungeon)
- Eclipse theme (Record during a Solar Eclipse)
- Mushrooms theme (Record anytime while in a Glowing Mushroom Biome)
- Temple theme (Record anytime while in the Jungle Temple)
- Plantera theme (Record during the Plantera fight)
- Boss 4 theme (Record during the Pirate Invasion, or during the Golem fight)
- Boss 5 theme (Record during the Queen Bee fight (Console: Record during the Ocram or Eye of Cthulhu fights))
- Desert theme (Record anytime while in the Desert)
- Ocean theme (Record during the day while in the Ocean Biome)
- Ice theme (Record while underground beneath the Snow Biome)
- Space theme (Record anytime while Outer Space)
- Rain theme (Record anytime while on the surface during Rain)
- Pumpkin Moon theme (Record during Pumpkin Moon fight)
- Alt Underground theme (Record while in The Underground, when Underground theme is not playing.)
- Frost Moon theme (Record during the Frost Moon fight)
- Tutorial theme (Crafted from all console-exclusive Music Boxes: Snow, Space, Ocean, Desert and Boss 4)
- To record music, you have to equip the Music Box as an accessory. If autopause is on, the inventory must be closed because music can't be recorded while the game is paused.
- The Music Box (Title) currently holds the record for the most complex craftable item, requiring 12 materials.
- If you have the game volume turned down to 0%, music played by Music Boxes can still be heard, though the music will play at a low volume.
- Music played by Music Boxes can be used to "copy" music to another box. This is useful if you wish to obtain more tracks, as you won't have to go to the area with the desired music (or fight bosses.)
- Music boxes cannot record music if the game volume is muted.
- You can equip a music box and a second music box with music and record the music while doing your normal activities. Using this method you can also have two of the same accessory equipped.
- Even though there is a theme for underground corruption, there is no theme for the underground crimson.
- In older versions, attempting to place a Music Box on a flat surface such as a Wooden Table or Workbench used cause it to duplicate itself many times if there was a wall behind it. This bug was exploited to obtain vast sums of money by selling duplicating Music Boxes. However, since update 1.1.1, this no longer works.
- There is a glitch that causes music boxes to float in the air if the blocks it is standing on are removed.
- After recording the Ocean theme, placing the Music Box, then destroying it, it will spawn a fully functioning Drax, but will destroy the Music Box. However this was fixed.
- On the Xbox 360/PS3(unconfirmed) versions, the Ocean Music Box spawns a Cactus Sword when broken.
- On the PC version, there is a bug which causes the note on the music box to be only partially lit, specifically the stem of the note. It is unknown what causes this to happen. This bug also causes the music box to be click repeatedly if the right mouse button is held down, with the cursor silently hanging over it.
- On the PC 1.2.2 version of Terraria, equipping a music box will instantly record the music currently being played.
- Changes textures as shown in gallery.
- Turns into a Ankh Charm when recording the Pumpkin Moon theme.
- Added several new themes to be recorded.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Music Box to be duplicated when placed on Wood Platforms. (However, duplicates can still be created by placing on flat surface items such as the Wooden Table.)
- Added to the game.