|Quality||Tier 3 (Orange)|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
|Material In|| Mythril Bar|
Mythril Ore can be placed into your world by breaking a Demon Altar with a Pwnhammer or Drax. This also applies to other types of ores, such as Cobalt and Adamantite. Upon breaking a second Demon Altar after first loading the world, the Mythril Ore will be placed in your world and the text "Your world has been blessed with Mythril!" will appear. Mythril Ore, together with Cobalt Ore and Adamantite Ore cannot be broken with Explosives.
Mythril is required to craft Mythril gear, the third highest tier of equipment. It must be smelted into bars at a furnace, however.
- 10 Mythril Bars are required to craft the Mythril Anvil, a crucial item for any Hardmode player.
- Most Mythril Ore can be found in The Underworld via the ceiling.
- You'll need to find 740 Mythril Ore if you want to craft every item that needs Mythril Bars to be crafted (including the Mythril Anvil, the 3 types of Mythril headwear and a stack of 5 Light Discs).
- Mythril is the alternative for Orichalcum.
- Mythril is a reference to J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Mythril or "mithril" in the books resembled silver, was stronger than steel, and was lighter than both of them.
- Mythril appears in other games, such as RuneScape, Guild Wars 2, Diablo II, World of Warcraft, Shining Force II, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy, Zenonia 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, NetHack, Golden Sun, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Mythril has been known to also be spelled and said as mith, mithral, and mithril.
- Added to the game.
|Original Metals||Alternative Metals|
|Hard Mode Metals|
|Other Minerals & Materials|
|Items Requiring Mythril|
|Tools||Mythril Drill · Mythril Chainsaw|
|Armor||Mythril Hat · Mythril Helmet · Mythril Hood · Mythril Chainmail · Mythril Greaves|
|Weapons||Light Disc · Mythril Repeater · Mythril Sword · Mythril Halberd|
|Other||Mythril Bar · Mythril Anvil|