|Body Slot||Helmet/Shirt/Pants Slots (Full Set)|
|Set Bonus||20% chance to not consume ammo and 12% increased ranged damage|
|Quality||Tier 2 (Mint)|
|Sell Value||2 10|
|Crafted With|| 150 Bones|
|Crafted At||Work Bench|
|Defense||Bones required||Cobwebs required||Other bonuses|
|Helmet||+5||40||40||4% increased ranged damage|
|Breastplate||+6||60||50||4% increased ranged damage|
|Greaves||+5||50||45||4% increased ranged damage|
|Set bonus||N/A||N/A||N/A||20% chance to not consume ammo|
|Total||16||150||135||20% chance to not consume ammo and 12% increased ranged damage|
- With a full set of Necro Armor and a Megashark you get a 70% chance not to consume ammo.
- Bones are only dropped by Skeleton type enemies in the Dungeon. Therefore, the player must defeat Skeletron to be able to craft Necro Armor.
- When the player has the full set of Necro armor equipped, the sound made when getting attacked changes from the human "Grunt" to the bone sound made when skeletons take damage.
- If you use the Sandgun with the armor then you can use it to make infinite Sand, Ebonsand and Pearlsand which is useful for many purposes.
- The name "Necro" may refer to the mythic Necromancer, a conjurer of the dead, or the noun or prefix "Necro-" which means Death. This links in with the fact that it requires bones to make and the noise of the player sounding like a skeleton when hit.
- The Necro armor in the previous updates (Before 1.0.6) used to increase walking/running speed. It maintained the same look, and could only be found in Jungle biomes.
- There used to be a bug that the player's head was shown when the backtrail was active (patched).
- With the full Necro armor equipped in the Social slot, ranged attacks (such as Harpy's feathers) make the bone skeleton pain sound, but regular attacks make the human "Grunt".
- Amount of bones required to craft increased from 90 (Total) to 150 (Total).
- Graphical variant for females added.
- Added set bonus and ranged damage increase bonus.
- Removed set bonus of 30% Increased movement speed.
- Defense of all pieces reduced by one point.
- Armor sprite changed.