|Use Time||26 (Average)|
|Rarity||Tier 3 (Orange)|
|Crafted With|| Light's Bane |
Blade of Grass
|Crafted At||Demon Altar|
- Due to the average speed, the Night's Edge is able to triple hit monsters. You will need to be close to the monster to get this effect.
- The Night's Edge is on the Top 3 of the best pre-hardmode swords, but not on the Top 5 of all swords in the game because of the fact that the Excalibur is just a better version of this Sword.
- The Night's Edge was formerly the most powerful sword in-game before the Excalibur was introduced.
- When reforged to legendary, it is about as strong as the Excalibur.
- The Breaker Blade is comparable to this sword. The only advantage of Night's Edge over The Breaker Blade is that it emits light.
- The Night's Edge may be a powerful melee weapon but it can deal weak knockback to other monsters that spawn in Hardmode such as an Armored Skeleton, Skeleton Archer and Unicorns, making it basically obsolete after hardmode.
- This weapon could be a reference to the Four Sword of the Legend of Zelda, particularly because the four swords used to make this are green (Blade of Grass), red (Fiery Greatsword), blue (Muramasa), and purple (Light's Bane), the same colors of the split Links.
- The name of this sword could be a reference to the song Edge of night, sang by Pippin in the movie adaptation of LOTR: Return of the king.
- Screenshots have shown a new version of this weapon called "True Night's Edge". This weapon will probably be added in an upcoming update.
- Now emits light, akin to several other Demonite items.
- New sprite.
- Speed changed from "Very Slow" to "Average".
- Damage changed from 40 to 42.
- Weapon reach shortened.
- Added to the game.