|Use Time||26 (Average)|
|Quality||Tier 3 (Orange)|
|Material In||True Night's Edge|
|Crafted With|| Light's Bane or Blood Butcherer|
Blade of Grass
|Crafted At|| Demon Altar|
- Due to the average speed, the Night's Edge is able to triple-hit monsters. You will need to be close to the monster to get this effect.
- The Night's Edge may be a powerful melee weapon, but its low knockback and relatively low speed severely hinder it once Hard Mode has been activated.
- If you have problems crafting the Night's Edge, drop all four swords at the Demon Altar and then pick them up again.
- If your World spawns The Crimson instead of The Corruption, the Blood Butcherer replaces Light's Bane.
- Before Excalibur was introduced, Night's Edge was the most powerful sword in the game.
- When reforged to legendary, this weapon deals about as much damage as Excalibur's base damage.
- The Breaker Blade is comparable to this sword. The only advantage of Night's Edge over the Breaker Blade is that it emits light (though, Breaker Blade is longer in return).
- The light emitted by this weapon has a similar particle effect to that of the Dark Lance and other Demonite tier items.
- This weapon could be a reference to the Four Sword of the Legend of Zelda, particularly because the four swords used to make this are green (Blade of Grass), red (Fiery Greatsword), blue (Muramasa), and purple (Light's Bane), the same colors of the split Links.
- The name of this sword could be a reference to the song Edge of Night, sang by Pippin in the movie adaptation of LOTR: Return of the King.
- Can now be crafted into True Night's Edge.
- Now requires Blood Butcherer in place of Light's Bane in worlds with The Crimson.
- Now emits light, akin to several other Demonite items.
- New sprite.
- Speed changed from "Very Slow" to "Average".
- Damage increased from 40 to 42.
- Weapon reach shortened.
- Added to the game.