The Nurse restores your remaining Health and heals Debuffs in exchange for Coins. She charges 80% of the total Health Points to be restored in Copper Coins (rounded down), e.g. 100 Health would cost 80 .
Upon the 126.96.36.199 update, the Nurse defends herself using poisoned needles, Inflicting the poisoned debuff upon nearby threats. Furthermore, she throws healing needles at other hurt NPCs to restore their missing hp.
- When trying to heal but there is no room left for the change money, the nurse will say the same things as she would say when the player doesn't have enough money.
- In the case that the player has a debuff inflicted upon them, such as "On Fire!" or "Poisoned", the Nurse will heal them for a price, regardless of the player's current health. (If the player's health is under max, she will charge for that too.)
- If the player attempts to remove "Potion Sickness" using the Nurse, the debuff timer will disappear, but the player will still not be able to drink healing potions until the debuff would have worn off normally.
- The Nurse's price is updated in real time, including adjustments accounting for the player's natural health regeneration.
- Like most other female NPCs she will be very irritable during blood moon and snap at you as you try to talk to her.
- By paying about 80 Silver in debuff removal, you can survive the Red Potion if you talk to the nurse.
- Because the Nurse has healing needles she is virtually impossible to kill as she can heal back all the damage she takes from Boss Monsters, even the Moon Lord.
Bugs & Glitches
- The Nurse's room is a good place to place your bed. If you are in a battle with a Boss, and you are low on Health, you can easily heal yourself if you are teleporting to your house at the Nurse. This strategy is not handy while battling the Wall of Flesh, because then you'll get instantly killed when you use a Magic Mirror.
When very low on health
"You left your arm over there. Let me get that for you.."
When low on health
"I think you look better this way."
When around half of maximum health
"Quit being such a baby! I've seen worse."
When healed at low health
"That's gonna leave a scar."
When healed at half health or more
"That didn't hurt too bad, did it?"
When high on health
"Turn your head and cough." (Reference to getting a physical)
When trying to heal at full health
"I don't give happy endings."
When Clothier is not present
"Have you seen that old man pacing around the dungeon? He looks troubled."
When trying to heal with insufficient funds
"You can't afford me."
During a Blood Moon
- You can earn an achievement by spending over 1 Gold getting healed by the nurse.
- The Nurse can now heal herself and other NPCs by using syringes.
- Is now designated a randomly generated name when spawned.
- Added to the game.