|Sub Type||Outdoors/Boss Summoner|
The Old Man is a pre-boss NPC. He does nothing but stand at the entrance to a Dungeon. If a player attempts to talk to him at night, a warning dialogue will appear asking if the player wants to continue. During the day he will just tell you to come back at night. To enter the Dungeon he is guarding, Skeletron must be defeated.If a player attempts to enter the dungeon before Skeletron is defeated, the player will be chased by a Dungeon Guardian that inflicts an instant kill on touch. Once Skeletron is slain, the Old Man will appear as the Clothier in town if you have an available room.
Occasionally, the Old Man can spawn past the door marking the entrance of the Dungeon. On even rarer occasions, he can become stuck to a wall of the Dungeon going downwards. The result is him flashing back and forth at a very fast speed, probably because of his strange walk cycle.
- The Old Man is immune to the attacks from monsters. However, he can still take damage from lava, dart traps and boulders. However, when killed he will respawn almost instantly.
- The Clothier has blue eyes instead of red, probably due to him being free of his curse.
- His sprite was changed, before he had a red blanket and short hair.
- He and Santa Claus are the only NPCs without a name.
- If you talk to him as far away as possible, Skeletron's head will not touch you.
- He will sometimes go down into the dungeon causing the player to have to wait with the far enough distance away for him to teleport back.
- Unlike the player, the Old Man will not continuously take damage from a sand trap, though he will take damage initially. He will repeatedly turn while stuck in the trap, but will take no damage from it.
Night time, before you are considered strong enough to defeat Skeletron
Night time, after you are considered strong enough to defeat Skeletron
|Nurse||Santa Claus||Wizard||Old Man|