|Shadow Orb (Spell)|
|Quality||Tier 1 (Blue)|
|Tooltip||Creates a magical orb of light|
|Dropped By||Shadow Orbs|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
However, the summoned orb has low acceleration and a slow top speed, so it often falls behind, especially when the player falls a long distance or otherwise travels at a fast speed (such as when using the Hermes/Spectre Boots). If it falls too far behind, it will warp to the player's location.
- Pressing B, the buff hotkey by default, will also activate the Shadow Orb. Be warned that pressing B will also use any buff potions that you happen to be carrying.
- The Orb's movement is not hindered by blocks.
- Pressing "W" or "S" will make the orb move upwards/downwards.
- The only ways to dispel the Orb are either right-clicking the buff icon below your hotkeys, or activating the Fairy Bell (which will replace the Orb).
- Sometimes on multiplayer the players will see in your shadow orb that the light on it is white not violet
- Sprite and name changed.
- Mana requirement removed.
- No time limit.
- Light output reduced by 35%.
- Now acts as a buff rather than a spell.
- Movement speed reduced.
|Pre-Hard Mode Offensive|
|Pre-Hard Mode Utility|
|Hard Mode Offensive|
|Hard Mode Utility|