Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Shadow Orb (Spell)|
|Tooltip||Creates a magical orb of light|
|Dropped By||Shadow Orbs|
The Shadow Orb (Spell) is a summon-type spell, obtained from breaking Shadow Orbs. When summoned, the Orb will follow the player around and project light in a manner similar to the Fairy Bell or Wisp in a Bottle.
However, the summoned orb has low acceleration and a slow top speed, so it often falls behind, especially when the player falls a long distance or otherwise travels at a fast speed (such as when using the Hermes/Spectre Boots). If it falls too far behind, it will warp to the player's location.
- Pressing B, the buff hotkey by default, will also activate the Shadow Orb. Be warned that pressing B will also use any buff potions that the player happens to be carrying.
- The Orb's movement is not hindered by blocks.
- Pressing "W" or "S" will make the orb move upwards/downwards.
- The only ways to dispel the Orb are either right-clicking the buff icon below the player's hotkeys, or activating the Fairy Bell (which will replace the Orb).
On mobile, it is possible to cast the Shadow Orb indefinite times, resulting in the sprite itself becoming brighter and brighter, while the light produced does not change. This can be fixed by exiting to the title screen and re-entering the world.
- Sprite and name changed.
- Mana requirement removed.
- No time limit.
- Light output reduced by 35%.
- Now acts as a buff rather than a spell.
- Movement speed reduced.
- Added to the game.
|Pre-Hard Mode Offensive|
|Hard Mode Offensive|