The Painter is a new NPC as of 1.2. He sells painting tools, cans of paint, wallpaper, and even a few paintings depending on where he is housed in. He will spawn when you get a banner of some sort, or a painting.
Uses a Paintball Gun against nearby enemies, which he drops if he is killed.
- His names suggest that he comes from Italy.
- His appearance is also strikingly similar to Mario's appearance in several of his earlier games.
- Two of his names are 'Leonardo' and 'Raphael', referencing two renowned painters.
- His quote regarding the many shades of grey could be a reference to the infamous book series, '50 Shades of Grey'.
- His quote; "I'm all out of titanium white, so don't even ask." is a reference to the famous TV show painter, Bob Ross.
- Now defends himself with the Paintball Gun, also having a chance to drop it upon death.
- Now requires a total of 8 NPCs to already have moved in before he is valid to move in.
- The Old Man, Skeleton Merchant and Travelling Merchant are now excluded from the aforementioned count of 8 moved-in NPCs.
- Now sells Brown Paint and various wallpapers.
- Now sells Negative Paint and Shadow Paint in Hardmode worlds.
- Now sells Christmas-themed wallpapers during Christmas.
- Added to the game.