Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Pirate Invasion is an event added in the 1.2 update. They behave similarly to the Goblin Army and Frost Legion, and are summoned by using a Pirate Map, dropped by any enemy killed in an Ocean Biome. When all of the enemies in this event are defeated, the Pirate NPC will move into an available house. A Pirate Invasion has a 1/15 chance to occur every day once the Wall of Flesh has been defeated. A warning message, "Pirates are approaching from the (East/West)!" will repeat a few times until "The Pirates have arrived!" displays and Pirates begin spawning.
Note that your world must be in Hard Mode in order to obtain the Map. There are 6 event-exclusive enemies that appear during this event.
|Parrot (100 health)||Parrot Banner (0.5%)|
|Pirate Deckhand (200 health)||Check "Possible Drops"|
|Pirate Corsair (300 health)||Check "Possible Drops"|
|Pirate Crossbower (260 health)||
Check "Possible Drops"
|Pirate Deadeye (150 health)||Check "Possible Drops"|
|Pirate Captain (2000 health, strong defense)||
Check "Possible Drops"
(Captain has doubled drop rates)
Possible Drops (In Order of Drop Chance)
Note: Some items may or may not be dropped by the Pirate Captain.
Note: All items on this section are not dropped by the Parrot.
- Pirate Banner (0.5%)
- Cutlass (0.5%)
- Golden Bathtub (0.33%)
- Golden Bed (0.33%)
- Golden Bookcase (0.33%)
- Golden Candelabra (0.33%)
- Golden Candle (0.33%)
- Golden Chair (0.33%)
- Golden Chandelier (0.33%)
- Golden Clock (0.33%)
- Golden Door (0.33%)
- Golden Dresser (0.33%)
- Golden Lamp (0.33%)
- Golden Lantern (0.33%)
- Golden Piano (0.33%)
- Golden Sofa (0.33%)
- Golden Table (0.33%)
- Golden Toilet (0.33%)
- Sailor Hat (0.2%)
- Sailor Shirt (0.2%)
- Sailor Pants (0.2%)
- Eye Patch (0.2%)
- Pirate Staff (0.05%)
- Discount Card (0.05%)
- Lucky Coin (0.025%)
- Coin Gun (0.025%)
- A Pirate Invasion will not occur if there is already a Goblin Invasion in the world, even if a Pirate Map is used.
- You cannot summon another pirate invasion if one is currently occuring, even if a Pirate Map is used.
- Just like the Goblin Army, an in-game week must pass before another can occur.
- In mobile you can get the pirate map in any biome, as long as it is in the outer thirds of the world where King Slime can naturally spawn.
- Prior to v188.8.131.52, the pirate invasion played the Golem Theme due to no invasion-specific themes existing at that time.
- Added to the game.