The Pirate Invasion is an event added in the 1.2 update. They behave similarly to the Goblin Army and Frost Legion, and are summoned by using a Pirate Map, dropped by any enemy killed in an Ocean Biome. When all of the enemies in this event are defeated, the Pirate NPC will move into an available house. A Pirate Invasion has a 1/15 chance to occur every day once the Wall of Flesh has been defeated. A warning message, "Pirates are approaching from the (East/West)!" will repeat a few times until "The Pirates have arrived!" displays and Pirates begin spawning.
Note that your world must be in Hard Mode in order to obtain the Map. There are 6 event-exclusive enemies that appear during this event.
|Parrot (100 health)||Parrot Banner (0.5%)|
|Pirate Deckhand (200 health)||Check "Possible Drops"|
|Pirate Corsair (300 health)||Check "Possible Drops"|
|Pirate Crossbower (260 health)||
Check "Possible Drops"
|Pirate Deadeye (150 health)||Check "Possible Drops"|
|Pirate Captain (2000 health, strong defense)||
Check "Possible Drops"
(Captain has doubled drop rates)
Possible Drops (In Order of Drop Chance)
Note: Some items may or may not be dropped by the Pirate Captain.
Note: All items on this section are not dropped by the Parrot.
- Pirate Banner (0.5%)
- Cutlass (0.5%)
- Golden Bathtub (0.33%)
- Golden Bed (0.33%)
- Golden Bookcase (0.33%)
- Golden Candelabra (0.33%)
- Golden Candle (0.33%)
- Golden Chair (0.33%)
- Golden Chandelier (0.33%)
- Golden Chest (0.33%)
- Golden Clock (0.33%)
- Golden Door (0.33%)
- Golden Dresser (0.33%)
- Golden Lamp (0.33%)
- Golden Lantern (0.33%)
- Golden Piano (0.33%)
- Golden Platform (0.33%)
- Golden Sofa (0.33%)
- Golden Table (0.33%)
- Golden Toilet (0.33%)
- Golden Work Bench (0.33%)
- Sailor Hat (0.2%)
- Sailor Shirt (0.2%)
- Sailor Pants (0.2%)
- Eye Patch (0.2%)
- Pirate Staff (0.05%)
- Discount Card (0.05%)
- Lucky Coin (0.025%)
- Coin Gun (0.025%)
- A Pirate Invasion will not occur if there is already a Goblin Invasion in the world, even if a Pirate Map is used.
- You cannot summon another pirate invasion if one is currently occuring, even if a Pirate Map is used.
- Just like the Goblin Army, an in-game week must pass before another can occur.
- In mobile you can get the pirate map in any biome, as long as it is in the outer thirds of the world where King Slime can naturally spawn.
- Prior to 188.8.131.52, the pirate invasion played the Golem Theme due to no invasion-specific themes existing at that time.
- Added to the game.