After killing all of the mechanical bosses (The Twins, The Destroyer, and Skeletron Prime) at least once, the bulbs will spawn somewhere in the Underground Jungle. They can be destroyed with a pickaxe. Upon doing so, Plantera will be spawned. The bulbs give off a glowing particle effect, which helps to locate it. On the minimap, the bulbs are light pink in color. This can sometimes be confused with pots or altars. Multiple bulbs can be found in the same Underground Jungle.
- Destroying the bulb with the Clentaminator can summon Plantera, but it's not recommended since Plantera may enrage.
- Plantera's Bulb can be located on the map, by pressing M (default) or back (xbox 360), and scanning the jungle area that you have explored. It appears as a 2x2 pink square. You don't have to have your player pass it to get it on the map, just explore the jungle area and once that area is lit up, you can find the bulb.
- Destroying a second bulb while fighting Plantera will not summon a second Plantera.
- It is possible to farm Plantera Bulbs. Create long tunnels using mud, making sure jungle grass is on the floor. Not only does the tunnel provide a good place to kill Plantera, but it also gives a high chance to spawn the bulbs as it is flat jungle mud. (the bulbs require at least two flat squares of mud, and roughly 2x3 of open space above). Life Fruit will also have a chance to spawn. Be sure to clear all of the vegetation when you are there, to make room for new growth.
- Once all the 3 hard-mode bosses are killed, the player will receive the message 'The jungle grows restless...'
- Sometimes when trying to destroy a bulb, it only destroys the block you used your pickaxe on (fixed by destroying any other block of it).
- Sometimes when the bulb is only half spawned in, it could be broken with a sword.
- If a bush grows where a bulb was broken, another bulb will spawn, regardless of another mechanical boss being summoned. (Unconfirmed)
- If a bulb is broken where it spawns from a grown bush (Bug above), the bulb will be broken in tiles.
- All three mechanical bosses must be defeated before any Bulbs will spawn in the Underground Jungle.
- Added to the game.