A Potion is a consumable item that can either restore health/mana or provide buffs. There are currently 26 different kinds of potions. All but one are created at the Alchemy Station and in addition, two (Lesser Healing Potions and Lesser Mana Potions) can be purchased from the Merchant, and another can be bought from the Wizard. They also can be found in pots and chests!
To quickly consume potions you can press 'H' to drink a Healing Potion, 'M' to drink a Mana Potion, and 'B' to quickly drink one of each Buff Potions (these hot keys can be modified in the settings page).
- Any potion that heals health, makes the player stay with the "Potion sickness" debuff .
- Lesser Healing Potions can also be found in Pots, on Wood Platforms in dungeons, or bought from the Merchant. Healing potions are also sometimes found in Chests and can drop from pots in the Underworld.
- Lesser Mana Potions can also be found In Dungeons and Chests, however they are not found in pots.
- Buffs do not stack in effect or duration. Hence, if you were to have long lasting buff, you must drink continuously at regular intervals to retain the buff.
- As of 1.1 you can equip a Philosopher's stone to decrease the cooldown time for potions.
- The Mana Flower's ability to auto-consume available Mana Potions when the player's Mana reaches zero does function with both varieties of Restoration Potions (lesser and standard) if it should encounter one of that variety in your inventory before a Mana-only variety; however, due to their health-restoration effect, this will enact the Potion Sickness debuff, and you will be unable to consume another health-restoring potion either manually or automatically for the standard duration. While this can be inconvenient for players who are accustomed to spamming magic attacks ceaselessly and using their Mana Potion supply as ammunition, it can be helpful while exploring or mining, as it can be safely assumed that most situations which require full expenditure of Mana may also have brought some degree of damage to the player.
- Lesser Restoration Potions and Restoration Potions now only heal for 50/100 life and 50/100 mana.
- Lesser Mana Potions and Mana Potions now only restore 50/100 mana.
- Added 1 minute cool down for health potions.
- Lesser Healing Potions and Healing Potions now only heal for 50/100 life.
- Reduced Shine Potion duration.
- Increased Regeneration Potion duration.
- Increased health gain from Restoration Potion and Lesser Restoration Potion.
- Increased Invisibility Potion duration.
- Health and Mana Potions price changed.
- Buff Potions released.