A Potions is a consumable item that can either restore health/mana or provide buffs. There are currently 26 different kinds of potions. Most potions are created at the Alchemy Station, though Lesser Healing Potions/Mana Potions can be bought from the Merchant in addition to be being crafted. The only potion that cannot be crafted is the Greater Mana Potion, which can only be bought from the Wizard. They also can be found in pots and chests.
To quickly consume potions, you can press 'H' to drink a Healing Potion, 'J' to drink a Mana Potion, and 'B' to quickly drink one of each Buff Potions (these hot keys can be modified in the settings page).
- After new ores in 1.2 were introduced, it is possible for copper , silver , gold or iron ore to be unavailable on a certain world and replaced by tin , tungsten , platinum and lead. Consequently, the Spelunker's Potion and Ironskin Potion can also be brewed with platinum and lead ore instead.
- Any potion that recovers health gives the player the debuff "Potion Sickness".
- Lesser Healing Potions and Lesser Mana Potions can be found on platforms in the Dungeon, however they can not be placed back down.
- Buffs do not stack in effect or duration. Hence, if you were to have long lasting buff, you must drink continuously at regular intervals to retain the buff.
- As of 1.1 you can equip a Philosopher's Stone to decrease the cooldown time for healing potions.
- The Mana Flower's ability to auto-consume available Mana Potions when the player's Mana reaches zero does function with both varieties of Restoration Potions (lesser and standard) if it should encounter one of that variety in your inventory before a Mana-only variety; however, due to their health-restoration effect, this will enact the Potion Sickness debuff, and you will be unable to consume another health-restoring potion either manually or automatically for the standard duration. While this can be inconvenient for players who are accustomed to spamming magic attacks ceaselessly and using their Mana Potion supply as ammunition, it can be helpful while exploring or mining, as it can be safely assumed that most situations which require full expenditure of Mana may also have brought some degree of damage to the player.
- Lesser Restoration Potions and Restoration Potions now only heal for 50/100 life and 50/100 mana.
- Lesser Mana Potions and Mana Potions now only restore 50/100 mana.
- Added 1 minute cool down for health potions.
- Lesser Healing Potions and Healing Potions now only heal for 50/100 life.
- Reduced Shine Potion duration.
- Increased Regeneration Potion duration.
- Increased health gain from Restoration Potion and Lesser Restoration Potion.
- Increased Invisibility Potion duration.
- Health and Mana Potions price changed.
- Buff Potions released.