- Not to be confused with Purple Phaseblade.
The Purple Phasesaber is a Broadsword that emits light when swung. It is an early hardmode weapon that can be acquired after the player defeats the Wall of Flesh and finds the Underground Hallow biome.
- It is a near identical version of the Purple Phaseblade except that it is slightly larger version that inflicts 20 additional damage and can attack continuously while the left mouse button is held down, similar to the Muramasa. This additional damage also grants it a higher overall DPS than even the Adamantite Sword (102.5 to 99.8), making it the best sword until obtaining Excalibur.
- Crystal Shards are easily obtainable in the Underground Hallow, therefore the Phasesaber is an excellent and worthwhile weapon to craft as soon as you can after entering Hardmode.
- In mobile version, this sword can be crafted before hardmode by obtaining the Crystal Shards dropped by an Arch Demon.
All phasesabers have the same stats. The only difference is in their color and crafting recipes.
- Phasesabers appear to be based on Lightsabers from the Star Wars franchise. They even go so far as to include the humming sound effect and the emitted light when swung.
- The Phasesaber and its "younger brother" are the only two weapons that can have variations in color without any change to stats
- Added to the game.