|Use Time||26 (Average)|
|Knockback||7.5 (Very Strong)|
|Quality||Tier 4 (Red)|
|Tooltip||Strong enough to destroy Demon Altars|
|Dropped By||Wall of Flesh|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
Destroying Demon Altars
Upon destroying a Demon Altar with the use of this hammer, it "blesses" the world with one mineral out of a list of six, initially new minerals; Cobalt Ore, Palladium Ore, Mythril Ore, Orichalcum Ore, Adamantite Ore or Titanium Ore. The first Altar will bless the world with Cobalt Ore or Palladium Ore, the second with Mythril Ore or Orichalcum Ore, and the third with Adamantite Ore or Titanium Ore. Only three of the six ores will spawn. When the fourth is destroyed the cycle starts over.
Be aware that you must be in a world that you have defeated Wall of Flesh in for the Pwnhammer to destroy Demon Altars. If you go into another world with the Pwnhammer and try to break Demon Altars without first defeating the WoF, you will lose half of your health, regardless of your defense. As one of the loading tips for console version says- "You cannot destroy demon altars, you have to pwn them."
- The Pwnhammer seems to be of similar design to Gungnir and Excalibur, implying that it is of hallowed design.
- The name "Pwnhammer" is a reference to one of Redigit's earlier games, namely Super Mario Bros. X.
- On the iOS version of Terraria, this item will NOT drop from the Wall of Flesh, as Hard Mode has not been implemented yet.
- Pwnhammers will not destroy Demon Altars if the world is not in Hard mode.
- The Pwnhammer is the only Hammer-type Tool added in the 1.1 update.
- The name of the hammer is a combination of Pwn and Hammer, as 'Pwn' is a form of leet text.
- Rarely, the WoF will not drop a Pwnhammer. In this situation, Hard Mode will still activate, but the player will be unable to obtain Hard Mode ores until another Wall of Flesh is summoned and defeated.
- Added to the game.
|Wooden Hammer||Copper Hammer||Iron Hammer||Silver Hammer||Gold Hammer|
|The Breaker||Flesh Grinder||Meteor Hamaxe||Molten Hamaxe||Pwnhammer|