|Use Time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Rarity||Tier 5 (Magenta)|
|Tooltip||Casts a controllable rainbow|
|Crafted With|| 4 Unicorn Horns|
10 Souls of Light
20 Souls of Sight
30 Crystal Shards
60 Pixie Dust
|Crafted At||Mythril Anvil|
- The Rainbow Rod is controlled with the cursor.
- When cast, the orb changes color in a spectrum similar to a rainbow, which in turn is a reference to the name.
- If used at the bottom of the world and moved upward, at a certain area the projectile will disappear. (Glitch)
- The Rainbow Rod has the highest amount of magic damage on single impact than any other spell.
- The Rainbow Rod is an excellent PvP (Player versus Player) weapon:
- It has a very high damage-to-mana ratio and fire speed, especially when reforged with the Mythical prefix
- It can bypass most fortifications.
- Its speed allows it to be used as a last resort; firing a spam of rainbows in one direction will basically kill them unless they dodge with wings.
- The Rainbow Rod can be boosted to do up to and over 110 damage (Normal Hit) or even 190 damage (Critical Hit).
- Unless underground or it is nighttime, the player may not see the projectile change colors.
- Its name is possibly a reference to "Rainbow Road", the final track in every Mario Kart game, because of how similar the names are.
- The Rainbow Rod caused a bug where all others on a multiplayer game would get kicked to the dashboard (on Xbox) or freeze (PS3), unless the host was the one using it, in which case everyone but the host would be kicked to the dashboard/freeze.Fixed
Maximum Damage StrategyEdit
To gain the maximum possible damage output with the Rainbow Rod, a player would have to employ these tactics:
- A Rainbow Rod reforged to Ruthless
- Four generic Accessories, reforged to Menacing. (Recommended for maximum mobility, defense and offense bonuses would be Wings, Titan Glove, Cloud in a Balloon, Spectre Boots)
- Sorcerer Emblem, Reforged to Menacing
- A Mythril Hood (For the Damage Bonus and the mana increase)
- An Adamantite Breastplate (Same reason as above)
- Hallowed Greaves (Same reason again)
- The Magic Power, Clairvoyance, and Well Fed buffs.
These tactics would allow the Rainbow Rod to deal a total of around 124 damage per hit on normal hits. Mana Regeneration Potions are also recommended, due to how much faster mana regenerates.
- On console, wearing full spectral armor would allow the user to recieve increased damage on all magic weapons if all gear is worn at once
- Added to the game.
|Aqua Scepter||Crystal Storm||Cursed Flames||Demon Scythe|
|Dirt Rod||Fairy Bell||Flamelash||Flower of Fire|
|Ice Rod||Magic Dagger||Magic Missile||Magical Harp|
|Orb of Light||Rainbow Rod||Starfury||Water Bolt|