The Rocket Launcher uses four distinct types of ammunition, each very similar, that can effectively be used to determine how destructive the shot will be. The type of ammunition used does not affect the total distance or speed of the projectiles.
The available ammunition types are:
- Rocket I — 35 damage, smallest explosion radius, weak knockback, does not destroy tiles. Purchase from the Cyborg anytime.
- Rocket II — 40 damage, small explosion radius, weak knockback, does destroy tiles. Purchase from the Cyborg during a Blood Moon.
- Rocket III — 55 damage, large explosion radius, average knockback, does not destroy tiles. Purchase from the Cyborg at Night.
- Rocket IV — 60 damage, large explosion radius, average knockback, does destroy tiles. Purchase from the Cyborg during a Solar Eclipse.
- Note: All damage values are in addition to the 50 base damage of the weapon.
According to forum posts and a personal reforging test with 10 Platinum it seems that the Rocket Launcher cannot be reforged to Unreal, thus Godly being the best prefix it can obtain as of version 22.214.171.124.
- The Rocket Launcher could be really useful for mining if used with the Rocket IV, although the player must be careful to not get too close.
- There is an upgraded version of this weapon, despite already being a Tier 8 weapon. This weapon is the Snowman Cannon, which boasts an improved damage and refire rate, as well as homing capabilities.
- Added to the game.