The Rod of Discord is a rare item. It teleports the player to where the mouse cursor is, with no use of mana. Upon use, this item applies the Chaos State debuff for 6 seconds, which makes further usage of the Rod of Discord cost 1/6 of the player's maximum health per use while active.
- When the player teleports, there is a glowing pink effect that generates light at their destination that lasts for about a second.
- Using the Rod of Discord while the Chaos State debuff is active will also reset the duration of this debuff.
- The death message after dying from the Chaos State debuff says: <player> didn't materialize or <player>'s legs appeared where his/her head should be.
- The Rod of Discord will not teleport the player into the Jungle Temple before the defeat of Plantera.
- "Discord" means: not in agreement or harmony; lacking in harmony.
- This item is very similar to the Ender Pearl item in Minecraft. It even does damage to the player like the pearls.
- If the Terraria client is closed and the mouse is clicked somewhere when the Rod of Discord is equipped, the game will crash.
- On mobile you will die when this item is used with the death message "Structure"
- Chaos State debuff duration lowered to 6 seconds.
- Rod of Discord works properly when gravity is flipped.
- Chaos State debuff now only lasts 8 seconds (down from 10).
- Attempting to teleport in the duration of Chaos State will now deal 1/6 of the player's max HP (down from 1/5).
- When used, user now gets the Chaos State Debuff.
- Now properly drops from Chaos Elementals.
- Added to the game.