When placed, Rope can be used by players, allowing them to safely move vertically and/or horizontally as far as the Rope extends.
Player can grab rope by pressing up (default: W) or down (S) while they are on it. Ropes can be grabbed while jumping or falling as well. Player can traverse rope downwards at falling speed, upwards slightly slower (about 3/4 as fast) and sideways slower than walking speed. Hanging on to rope does not reset double jumps.
Ropes can be incredibly useful to players without mobility items. Crafting ropes in to Rope Coils allows player to deploy ropes faster and farther. Ropes are also useful in Hellevators as player can control when to stop and even climb up. Ropes are also useful for quickly making boss arenas where players can also dodge upwards and downwards.
- If the player attempts to place this item on an existing piece of Rope, then the the placed Rope will be vertically extended (ie. the Rope the player was attempting to place will be appended to the bottom of the chain which is being clicked on).
- Due to this, one can easily place down rope from a high place such as a Floating Island, gaining easy access back up.
- Rope exists in a throwable version as well: Rope Coils.
- If you jump while climbing up a rope, you seem to accelerate faster than just climbing up.
- Rope is placed at approximately 7.3 ropes per second. (using 2400 rope it would take 5 min 29 seconds to go from top to bottom of a Large map.)
- See Also
- Range boost increased to +3 tiles.
- Added to the game.