Santa Claus is an NPC added in the 1.1.1 update obtained after completing the Frost Legion event triggered by a Snow Globe. Santa Claus is only available during Dec. 15 - 31st each year, as stated by Re-Logic in the release notes. As of the 1st of January every year, Santa Claus will no longer be available until the next Christmas period. Existing Santa NPCs will either despawn or die, indicated by a 'Santa was slain' message. But, if you set your computer time to a time between Dec. 15-31st, he will respawn.Santa Claus Santa NPC Santa Clothes Santa Outfit Terraria HERO(05:00)
After completing the Frost Legion Santa Claus will arrive if there is a house which meets the standard NPC requirements (Light, table, chair etc.) and does NOT need rescuing/unbinding from the world.
- What? You thought I wasn't real?
- Ho ho ho, and a bottle of snow!
- Care to bake me some cookies?
- Ho ho ho, and a bottle of... Egg Nog! (both similar to Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! - pirate saying)
- Got milk?
- I watch while you're sleeping
- Santa Claus is the only town-based NPC who doesn't receive a randomly generated name.
- Technically, Santa Claus can be called a Named NPC. This is because his NPC flag (When placed in a player's house) has the caption: "Santa Claus the Santa Claus." By some, this could be considered a bug.
- Santa Claus increases the drop rate of gifts in a radius of 50 blocks.
- Spawning and Dying bug fixed.
- Added to the game.
v1.1.1 - Santa Claus is scripted to spawn even outside of the holiday season, but he will immediately die.
|Nurse||Santa Claus||Wizard||Old Man|