Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Not to be confused with the item: Seed
Seeds are usable items that, depending on the type, can be placed on various surfaces (Grass, Corruption, Crimson, Mud, Sand, Ebonstone, Crimstone, Clay Pots) and will cause a type of grass or plant to grow.
Seeds are acquired as a drop whenever you harvest a plant during your adventures or from a pot (with the exception of Grass Seeds, which are purchasable from the Dryad).
Types of Seeds:
|Blinkroot Seeds||Fireblossom Seeds||Waterleaf Seeds||Deathweed Seeds|
|Daybloom Seeds||Moonglow Seeds||Jungle Grass Seeds||Mushroom Seeds|
|Corrupt Seeds||Grass Seeds||Acorn||Seed|
Seeds are received from plants, most often according to special rules as noted below:
- Blinkroot Seeds from Blinkroot, which has to be in bloom (shining and blinking).
- Fireblossom Seeds from Fireblossom, which has to be in bloom (submerged partially in lava).
- Waterleaf Seeds from Waterleaf, which has to be in bloom (submerged partially in water, or during Rain, shows blue petals).
- Deathweed Seeds from Deathweed, which has to be in bloom (during a Blood Moon, emits purple particles).
- Daybloom Seeds from Daybloom, which has to be in bloom (during the day, shows a yellow flower).
- Moonglow Seeds from Moonglow, which has to be in bloom (at night, shows a shining blue flower).
- Jungle Grass seeds from cutting down the grass in the Jungle Biome (rare drop).
- Mushroom Seeds from Glowing Mushrooms (rare drop, more likely from tall mushroom "trees".)
- Corrupt Seeds and Crimson Seeds from cutting down the grass in the Corruption or Crimson, respectively (rare drop) or defeating the Eye of Cthulu.
- Grass Seeds from the Dryad.
- Acorn from cutting down Trees. The number of acorns you will get is equal to the number of branches.
- Seed from cutting down weeds on regular grass (such as long grass and purple or red flowers) is only harvestable if you have the Blowpipe in your inventory. Used as ammo.