On this page is a list of all Settings in Terraria as of v1.1.2.
- Go Windowed/Fullscreen - Changes between windowed or fullscreen mode
- Resolution - Changes the screen resolution you will use in fullscreen (in windowed mode, this changes the FOV):
- Parallax- This changes how fast the background moves relative to the blocks. Can be set between 0 - 100, where 100 is very fast and sets a nice 3-D feel, and 0 is moving at the same speed as the blocks.
- Note: Does not affect walls.
- Frame Skip - Skips frames. Useful for low-end computers to prevent lag.
- Lighting - Changes the in-game lighting style.
- Quality - Changes the quality.
- Background - Lets you turn the background (Forest, Corruption, Desert, etc.) on/off.
- Sound - Changes the volume of sounds such as taking damage, swinging, and selecting menu buttons.
- Music - Changes the volume of the music.
- Up - Changes key to go up, inactive. Default W.
- Down - Changes key to go down, inactive. Default S
- Left - Changes key to go left. Default A
- Right - Changes key to go right. Default D
- Jump - Changes key to jump. Default Spacebar.
- Throw - Changes key to throw selected item. Default T.
- Inventory - Changes key to open inventory. Default Escape.
- Quick Heal - Changes key to use healing item closest to hotbar (left to right). Default H.
- Quick Mana - Changes key to use mana restoration item closest to hotbar (left to right). Default M.
- Quick Buff - Changes key to use all buffs. Default B.
- Grapple - Changes key to use hook (Grappling Hook, Ivy Whip, Dual Hook) closest to hotbar (left to right). Default E
- Auto Select - Changes item used closest to hotbar. Shown better below. Default Left Shift.
- Ores, Gems, Stone, etc. - Pickaxe/Drill
- Wood/Trunk - Axe/Chainsaw
- Torch Layer (not walls) - Hammer
- Walls/Background - Closest torch to hotbar (left to right)
- Cursor Color - Changes the color of the mouse pointer.
- Autosave - Toggles automatic saving. Recommended in case your Terraria crashes often.
- Autopause - When on, the world will pause.
- Pickup Text - When on, will show the name/s of items you picked up.
- Language - Will change the language.