Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
On this page is a list of all Settings in Terraria as of v1.1.2.
- Go Windowed/Fullscreen - Changes between windowed or fullscreen mode.
- Resolution - Changes the screen resolution you will use in fullscreen (in windowed mode, this changes the FOV):
- Parallax - This changes how fast the background moves relative to the blocks. Can be set between 0 - 100, where 100 is very fast and sets a nice 3-D feel, and 0 is moving at the same speed as the blocks.
- Note: Does not affect walls.
- Frame Skip - Skips frames. Useful for low-end computers to prevent lag.
- Lighting - Changes the in-game lighting style.
- Quality - Changes the quality.
- Background - Lets you turn the background (Forest, Corruption, Desert, etc.) on/off.
- Sound - Changes the volume of sounds such as taking damage, swinging, and selecting menu buttons.
- Music - Changes the volume of the music.
- Up - Changes key to go up, inactive. Default W.
- Down - Changes key to go down, inactive. Default S
- Left - Changes key to go left. Default A
- Right - Changes key to go right. Default D
- Jump - Changes key to jump. Default Spacebar.
- Throw - Changes key to throw selected item. Default T.
- Inventory - Changes key to open inventory. Default Escape.
- Quick Heal - Changes key to use healing item closest to hotbar (left to right). Default H.
- Quick Mana - Changes key to use mana restoration item closest to hotbar (left to right). Default M.
- Quick Buff - Changes key to use all buffs. Default B.
- Grapple - Changes key to use hook (Grappling Hook, Ivy Whip, Dual Hook) closest to hotbar (left to right). Default E
- Auto Select - Changes item used closest to hotbar. Shown better below. Default Left Shift.
- Ores, Gems, Stone, etc. - Pickaxe/Drill
- Wood/Trunk - Axe/Chainsaw
- Torch Layer (not walls) - Hammer
- Walls/Background - Closest torch to hotbar. (left to right)
- Cursor Color - Changes the color of the mouse pointer.
- Autosave - Toggles automatic saving. Recommended in case your Terraria crashes often.
- Autopause - When on, the world will pause.
- Pickup Text - When on, will show the name/s of items you picked up.
- Language - Will change the language.